Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here we go again.

Am I the only guy around who REALLY just doesn't care one way or the other?

Perfect eveidence of the political parties directing attention away from the really important issues.:mad:.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I personally think this topic is an important issue... however with the rapid decrease in America's moral values more and more people support gay marriage... incase anyone has forgotten we live on a country that was founded on Christian beliefs and values.. pretty sure my bible says marriage was created for a man and woman... Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.. lol

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
I also think its a moral issue, but I think its immoral to deny consenting adults there civil rights. Besides a church wedding is only symbolic anyways, you still need a license from the state to make it legal.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
If you take the religion out of it, who the hell cares if two of the same sex want the same rights as two of the opposite sex? Really.
How is it going to effect YOUR life in any way? Will you have to change your life because of it? Even if you are religious, how will it effect YOU?
Some people think the Bible dictates no oral sex. If you are religious, do you not do that? If I do with MY partner, how will that effect YOUR life in any way?
My baby sister is gay. Doesn't bother me or anybody in my family a bit. Doesn't effect us in any way. Does my sister being gay and wanting to marry her partner effect you?
Try a different argument other than religion to make your point and I'll listen. (and morals are a matter of opinion)

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
And yes, Obama made this "evolution" speech a day before he came to California to hang out with his libtard Hollywood friends.
Coincidental timing? Don't make me laugh. He's a politician.

·
Premium Member
14,500 Posts
I personally think this topic is an important issue... however with the rapid decrease in America's moral values more and more people support gay marriage... incase anyone has forgotten we live on a country that was founded on Christian beliefs and values.. pretty sure my bible says marriage was created for a man and woman... Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.. lol

I agree completely, Book of Genesis. thumbsup.gif

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
It's 100% OK to have religious beliefs.
But just because some of the founding fathers were religious does not mean the country was founded on religion. Read the Constitution.
Church does not dictate law. That was one of the reasons for the revolutionary war.
We are a moralistic society but our morals are different than other people's morals. Morals are a matter of belief just as religion is. Law is different.
Equal rights for all people, no matter what race, color, creed or religion. That includes people that have sexual desires different than yours.
I'm not gay and will never understand what it is like to be gay. But if it's anything like being straight like when a man and a woman love each other and want to spend the rest of their lives together, and want to share assets and visitation rights etc.... then I'm OK with two girls or two guys feeling the same way I feel about my woman.
It's hard for religious people to separate their religion from law and logic, and yet they teach tolerance. Go figure.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is exactly my point.

We can argue about it until we are blue in the face, and it STILL won't matter.

"Legal" marriage changes very little if anything about legal status or living arrangements.

It means very little or nothing one way or the other, but we will all argue over it endlessly.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Yep. And now a couple states have quickly passed legislation that marriage is between a man and woman only.
Problem is, that violates the federal law of equality, and eventually federal law will over-ride state law in this. Especially if we get more liberal Presidents.
When you get married you are entering into a contract between you, your spouse, and the state you apply for your license in. It is a legal and binding contract between three parties. The church has nothing to do with it.
When you want to innull your contract with your spouse you must go before a state court to do so. Still no church.
You do not need a church to get married. A wedding is a ceremony that can be performed with or without the church or any religion. Happens in other countries every day. We are no different.
So why would the church have any say over it? The church does not dictate law to the government. It's vise versa.

This is a subject that is very similar to abortion.

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
It looks like WA. state will have legal same sex marriage in the middle of June if all goes good. What this means to me is that I'll have some more weddings to go to soon

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Guy Guy or Girl Girl? lol Wedding gifts will get interesting.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
I would think the bachelor and/or bachelerette party could be more interesting, but what do I know?
Maybe for the girl girl one, but I'm going to pass on the guy guy one.

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Speaking of gay marriage I have some older guy in traffic ask me my number about a half hour ago. I don't know if I should be flattered or puke. I hate los Angeles.

·
Retired- Now I Golf
2,942 Posts
I am not pro marriage, be it gay or heterosexual. Nor am I anti marriage either. I think its completely a matter of the people invloved only. Marriage is NOT for everyone, and it does not make you a better couple just because you have a piece of paper saying your married. If 2 people wish to get married though, then great for them. It is stupid in my opinion to restrict marriage from anyone. Leave it up to just the two involved, and stay the hell out of their business. I don't care what their religion is, age, skin color, sexual preferance, political views, or anything else. Be married, or not, its up to you and the person you love. The only people that should not marry IMO are people who marry purely for money.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I personally am just disgusted by it... like you said its a matter of opinion.. and my opinion is that men were made for women and women for men.. and to think we weren't founded on Christian values is funny.. look at a $ bill.. lol

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
That didn't show up on paper money until 1957, but it would show up on some coins starting in the 1860's I think. I personally wish they would take it off my money, so I could quit hearing that tired argument. Probably save on ink also

1 - 20 of 118 Posts