Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So on Monday I get gas at 3.97 a gallon, Wednesday I get gas at 4.01 a gallon and Thursday I top off the tank again at 4.15 a gallon and the news just told me that gas jumped up .20 cents since yesterday to 4.35-4.45 a gallon and is likely to get over 5 bucks a gallon.

Their excuse is, a shortage. Refineries are cutting back making fuel to switch over to winter blend and there are a couple refineries that shut down due to this or that.:rolleyes:

Since when does a refinery just shut down for a month or two? Why would anyone start making less fuel, it's almost like they purposely want to change how supply and demand work.

Why is there a different major excuse every week when they talk about fuel prices?

Perfect timing for me since i will be towing my 5th wheel 1700 miles in a couple weeks.

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
Breaking news this AM is that all of the Costco gas stations are out of gas for about a week, and don't want to order more because their wholesale prices are $4.95 a gallon.

It's time the POTUS opens up the huge oil reserve so we don't have to decide between food or gas. Lake Havasu gas right now is $5.69 according to my neighbors.

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am watching the news now and they say most of this is because of the switch to winter blend and them thinking they had enough summer blend?

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I never understand how those little gas stations do it when there is a major brand accross the street. I am not rich enough to say oh well it's on .50 cents more per gallon.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Breaking news this AM is that all of the Costco gas stations are out of gas for about a week, and don't want to order more because their wholesale prices are $4.95 a gallon.

It's time the POTUS opens up the huge oil reserve so we don't have to decide between food or gas. Lake Havasu gas right now is $5.69 according to my neighbors.
That won't help in the immediate. Takes around 10 years to refine oil, and what not.

·
Premium Member
14,500 Posts
I stopped Wednesday to fill up the truck and it was $3.54, as I was filling up the sign changed to $3.75.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
That won't help in the immediate. Takes around 10 years to refine oil, and what not.
It takes two days to convert crude to fuel.
Ten years would be what it would take to get it out of the ground and into the refinery if he opened the reserves.
A. That will never happen because he is in bed with the environmentalists.
B. It should have happened ten years ago or more.
C. The news was saying yesterday that the prices spiked because of a power failure at the Exxon/Mobil refinery.
D. People have no clue how the refinery system works so they just accept the BS statements like that from oil companies.
E. Refineries like for example BP in Carson, run two refractor towers at a time. They have eleven and are building three more.
F. ALL the gas from ALL the refineries in the area are pumped to the same lift point where the trucks pick up fuel from specific tanks that have the additives for that particular company. But ALL the fuel from ALL the refineries go to the same tank and are then sent out to lift tanks.

I could go on because I know quite a bit about this process. Point is, OPEC and the oil companies set prices. If a refinery blew up and left the planet we could still have the same about of fuel at the lift points. The refineries are told how much fuel to make and how many towers to operate.

I want my solar powered flying car now.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
I'm getting a Honda XR650L... 65+ MPG, dual sport
Funny you should mention that. I was just looking at that exact bike yesterday.
It's getting great reviews, but it is a Honda so no surprise.
I'm seriously considering it if I can get the better half to agree.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
In belgium where i live its now almost 2 euro for 1 liter!it get realy crazy outhere.my wrangler is a diesel so i pay 1.55 for 1 liter.its much also.
I'm jealous..........

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.