Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,
just wondering if anyone else has tried the 60 series flowmaster? I have one on my JK and am very pleased with the sound. It is really deep and has no interior drone. I have that with the Banks cai and the two seem to really make a good combination for sound and economy. I regularly average 20=21 mpg. I have the 6 speed and the hated 3:21 gears. Have a goodun!!!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Howdy,
yep, I am running the mighty 3.8 power house engine. I have had mine for almost a year and have had zero problems with it. Never even had to add oil between changes. Have a goodun!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
I've never driven or ridden in one so i can't knock it. I am curios on how that sounds tho. Have you heard the 40 series? If so how would you compare the two?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Howdy,
from what I have heard the 40 is louder with much interior noise and drone. The 60 is the only flowmaster that is designed for 4 and 6 cylinder engines. It is nice and deep sounding. Have a goodun!!!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
The 40 is a louder muffler. The 3.8 is a dog but you aren't supposed to go fast in a Jeep anyway right?! I wanted to trade mine in for a new one, so I could get the new more powerful drivetrain but it doesnt pay, by the time I pay for the new Jeep, I could just keep mine and do a Hemi swap:D

·
King Thread De-Railer
2,801 Posts
The 40 is a louder muffler. The 3.8 is a dog but you aren't supposed to go fast in a Jeep anyway right?! I wanted to trade mine in for a new one, so I could get the new more powerful drivetrain but it doesnt pay, by the time I pay for the new Jeep, I could just keep mine and do a Hemi swap:D
Have you ever driven a YJ with the 2.5 4 banger.... that is a DOG the minivan motor is like a hemi compared to the 4bangers.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Dog???

Dog my foot! I have a 2009 JKU Rubi which runs very strong! Why don't you try a chip?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Have you ever driven a YJ with the 2.5 4 banger.... that is a DOG the minivan motor is like a hemi compared to the 4bangers.
Lol, very true.

Dog my foot! I have a 2009 JKU Rubi which runs very strong! Why don't you try a chip?
Yes it is a dog, chips help but they aren't as great as they lead on. In stock form it is ok, once you start modding it it goes downhill. If you are happy with your JK, thats all that matters.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have the 3.8 with a superchip traildash >>> happy as a clam :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts