Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 2012 Unlimited. I was just wondering if the emergency brake is messed up. When I pull up on the brake handle, it seems a little loose or like it isn't catching all the "teeth" it seems to slip down. Is this normal, or should I get this checked out?

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Get it checked; If it doesn't feel right it probably isn't.

·
Registered
21 Posts
For that matter, next time I take mine ('08 Sahara) to the dealer for oil change I'll have them check my brake handle. Handle pulls up fine but brakes not holding.

·
Banned
1 Posts
After looking at all my Falcon catalogs/magazines for the rear emergency brake cable for my 1967 Falcon 170 inches in length I noticed that my local Pep boys and Autozone carry the cable for a cheaper price. Has anyone purchased either a front or rear emergency cable from their local auto parts store and had no problem installing the cable compared to having to buy it from an Ford type of re-manufacturer Dearborn, Macs, Melvins, Autokrafters? Thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I got a 2012 Unlimited. I was just wondering if the emergency brake is messed up. When I pull up on the brake handle, it seems a little loose or like it isn't catching all the "teeth" it seems to slip down. Is this normal, or should I get this checked out?
I am having the same issue. I will do a inspection. Then maybe take it in if I can't adjust it.

·
Lazy Slacker
10,453 Posts
I am having the same issue. I will do a inspection. Then maybe take it in if I can't adjust it.
I know my 08 has a spring tensioner not a geared latch. My spring actually broke last year, I had to replace the assembly.

·
HIGHWAY APPROVED MUSTANG
9,687 Posts
just an FYI when you adjust your E-brake, raise rear of jeep, engage E-brake 2-3 clicks on the handle, now see if you can turn your rear wheels by hand ( with little or no force ) if you can turn them you need to adjust your E-brake. now leave the handle engaged 2-3 clicks and make the adjustment just till you feel resistance when turning the wheel by hand. over adjusting will cause the E-brake to drag,,, i'v been adjusting E-brakes this way for over 30 years and never had an issue.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 2013 unlimited sport. When I park on a tiny hill with my foot still on the break I pull on the e break but the jeep still rolls back a little. That normal? Just curious. Only really tried it once. I never use. I have a auto

1 - 9 of 9 Posts