Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if there is anyone out there that could give me some advice?
I am having charging issues replaced the alternator. Tested battery replaced a blown 50 amp fuse a couple times.
This is what's going on my fuel tank gauge will only go down to half a tank. So thinking I'm out of gas I put 2 1/2 gallons in it try to start and it won't. The only way I can get it to start is being towed behind an vehicle and jump starting it. It doesn't do this all the time .You could go weeks without a issue. I have filled the jeep with fuel driven maybe 10 miles and it dies I have toget towed and jump started and the electric gauge is going down blows the fuse and I have to change it out the 50 amp fuse again. Now I have taken a new battery to put in it. Electric gauge shows that it's draining. I don't know why my oil gauge, temp gauge don't work all the time. It weird as hell. Anyone have any ideas. I'm on a really fixed income I have changed fuel filter.
Thank you. John from Canaan Maine

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm not totally sure if you're having the same problem, but my '99 dodge truck was doing the same kind of stuff and sometimes when you tried to scan it through the obd port it would come up "no bus" it ended up that the computer was going bad, it controls voltage, and all the gauges ect... I got a new one and all my weird problems went away, I'm just not sure what all the computer on a 92 wrangler controls. I'm also not sure, but that year may have a self diagnosing mode, my 95 Jeep had that

·
Registered
4 Posts
you could have a bad GROUND strap. Check the strap from the rear of the cylinder head to the firewall. its probably corroded. if you do not have a good ground it will not start.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts