Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me how to search Ebay and eliminate all of the "fits" BS?

For example, if search for "Jeep emblem", I get 27 pages with 1,254 items, half of them being a license plate that "Fits Jeep" or set after set of gold, stick on angel wing stickers from the same manufacturer that also says "fits Jeep"

FM GOLDEN ANGEL WINGS FRONT REAR LOGO MARK DECAL EMBLEM... (Fits: Jeep)

I know I can whittle it down using the "narrow your search" features and add a few key words, but it still will give me pages of junk that "fit Jeeps".

Is there a way to eliminate all of the "fits" stuff

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
I don't know if it would work but you could try using google to search ebay.

in the search bar type:

site: ebay.com (whatever you're searching for)

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
What is it you are looking for specifically for your Jeep?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I painted on the angel wings myself.

Nothing for my Jeep, I was actually browsing for specific emblems for my Trailblazer. I found what I needed but had to sift through pages and pages of stupid **** before i found them. It seems that it's getting harder and harder o find anything specific on feebay because of all of the desperate retailers who are tagging EVERYTHING with key words, like those gawd-awful angel wing thingies.

Ive pretty much stopped using ebay, but unfortunately it is still one of the best sources of NOS and OEM parts, especially for older cars or models that haven't been produced for years or were only produced for a short time. I have an "LT" Trailblazer, and those emblems stick on. Once they are off, you have to get new ones.

I was just hoping that someone here had found a way to filter out bull****. My next stop will be one of my old Hot Rod Forum haunts Those guys HAVE to hunt Ebay for stuff sometimes.

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
CL is the same way now. You type in jeep and you get every Honda part out there. I don't know what people are thinking when they tag every word possible.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts