Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 TJ, and have full metal doors. Problem is I can't seem to get them off? I already removed the nuts from the pegs, but they won't lift off the pegs. Any suggestions???

·
Registered
9,643 Posts
Hit the hinges with some PB Blaster. Let them sit for 30 minutes or so then swing them back and forth with upward pressure to see if that will loosen them up for ya.

·
Registered
22 Posts
word

I had to get a second person with mine. Had never been off I am fairly sure. I used the PB overnight as well!

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
If you have a torch, heat up the hinges until the paint just starts to bubble while using a floor jack under the door.
Oh! It's YOUR Jeep. PB Blaster as previously stated. You can hit the hinges at the same time as you are lifting with a rubber mallet but not too hard.

·
I'm not lost
790 Posts
Hit the hinges with some PB Blaster. Let them sit for 30 minutes or so then swing them back and forth with upward pressure to see if that will loosen them up for ya.
This is exactly what I did! Worked like a charm. Takes a little working back and forth but be ready when they finally come off they can be a bit heavy. I also sprayed a bit of lubricant in each time they lifted a little.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
The doors aren't light... Most assume they will come off with relative ease but they weigh probably some 60-80lbs a piece so you really have to lift. Roll down the window and lift in the center of the frame, should pop right out. If the door swings with relative ease then you don't need to soak it with PB blaster, there's nothing ceased up. You have to remember that there is going to be pressure on the hinge pins because of how the weight is distributed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts