Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I recently obtained a 97 TJ luckily for a low cost to match my low student budget.
Due to a low budget and urge to modify I am having to do a lot of custom fab work.
The first problem I saw was the lack of storage/ boot space. Me like camping and touring decided that would be the first problem I would solve. So far I have completed the drawers for it and will start work on the main frame/ box tomorrow.

Here are some pics so far. Will try get some progress pics tomorrow :)

Attachments

·
2006 TJ "X"
6 Posts
I'm gonna watch this project...I need to do something back there too and can't see spending the amounts that manufacturers are asking for them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yea I found some pics of really good compled ones but no builds I really liked .
The rough quote I put together for this with carpet, angle trimming, 2 sheets of 12mm marine ply ( $80 each :0 ) and finally all the hardware ( latches, drawer runners and tie down points) came to a total of about $350 this is I Western Australia so it might be different for you
Yesterday I got my rear end into gear and made a big bunch of progress with the main frame.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's some pics

The design i have will include two drawers on the base with a shallow box on top of them ( bit deeper than a can. = lots of food... Or drink ;)
Then I have a smaller deep front box for things you want easy access to from the front seats.
BTW this design means removing the back seat which for some = problem.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
updates

Would love to see this build. None of the pictures are working but the concept that you describe sounds perfect.
Any chance of updating the thread with plans and pics?

Thanks

DS

·
Registered
17 Posts
For some reason I can't see the images of the project. I am interested also because you can never have enough storage. You've probably finished the project by now? If so post up some pics if that's cool. Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Guys, sorry I'm not sure why the pics are not wokring. I've had the same issue on the other forum I use as well. I will try and update them ASAP got uni assignments piling up at the moment

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well, once I used the enhanced view I was able to download the images. I haven't used the view until today. I like the setup so far and you got me thinking about what I'd like to do with mine. Thanks for the post. It always helps to get my creative side toiling with some images.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts