Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 98 tj. If I am going 60 mph or faster I get the death wobble. What can be causing that. Any help?

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
It's the round headlights causing it.
A few details about your Jeep? Lift? Tires? Wheel offset? Any other suspension mods?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have had 2 yj in the past. Everything is stock right now. Basic wheels with 31 1050.

·
Jeep Wench
6,710 Posts
My old wheels used to wobble around 55mph, I had to get an alignment and new tires cuz they were crap. Now vibrations all gone.

·
Premium Member
14,500 Posts
jeep98 said:
It only happens when I put on the breaks.
Have your rotors turned and install new pads.Did the trick on my LJ.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Yeah it sounds like you need a brake job. The rotors can wear unevenly.
Check the tie rod and drag link bushings for tightness and wear also.
Are your tires wearing evenly?

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
After you do the brake job move the fronts to the rear just in case. You might want to put the rears on the front too. It will roll easier. lol

·
Registered
37 Posts
Im surprised this thread does not have 30 pages to it. I have death wobble from 30 and up....I do value my life to an extent so I crawled under the beast and found what was going on. For me the bottom track bar bolt was loose and had rounded out the bracket so I have herd of ppl simply putting a larger bolt into the bracket. I just bought a rugged ridge track bar and just finished painting it red. Ill post picks of it up and let you know if it solved my spicy death wobble

·
Registered
3 Posts
death wobble

It only happens when I put on the breaks.
I have had this problem with other vehicles. If you have disc brakes the rotors may be warped. If you have drum brakes, the drums could be warped. You wouldn't think so with drums but it happened an old VW I had because the bolts holding the drums on were torqued down too hard.

W. Graves

·
select member
134 Posts
You could look and see it was an old post ....:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts