Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few sarcastic tips for you if you intend to sell something on Craig's List.

1. Describe Item- I don't mean "I have Jeep Wheels $600"
That doesn't help. You won't sell

2. Picture.
Nobody will call you if they can't see what you are selling.
You won't sell

3. Contact info- This is like a phone #, email address etc.
Can't buy it from you if they can't find you. If you do list contact info, answer it occasionally and maybe return a call or text within a week or so.

3a. If you return messages three days after they were left, don't get pissy because they bought someone else's item.Idiot

3b. If you return messages, don't assume people are awake and want to buy your **** at 3:00 AM. Idiot
Won't sell.

4. Attitude-
This is bad: "I have the best Jeep wheels ever, they are worth 5 times what all other Jeep wheels are worth, even though there are 5 more just like mine listed for much less on this same page, I will only sell them to people with unicorns who will submit a blood sample. No trades, I don't want your junk." Don't assume you are doing anyone a favor by selling them something you don't want.
Nobody will call you. Won't sell.

5. If you list something as "$300 OBO" don't get pissy about an offer lower than the asking price.
You won't sell.

Rant off....for now.

·
4,987 Posts
Oh, you forgot...if you look in the personals for a date by the hour, don't be suprised if it turns out to be the vice squad whos agreed to meet ya. Happened here to a city councilmen and a high school coach this past week.

·
Registered
53 Posts

2. Picture.
You won't sell

Can't buy it from you if they can't find you. If you do list contact info, answer it occasionally and maybe return a call or text within a week or so.

3a. If you return messages three days after they were left, don't get pissy because they bought someone else's item.Idiot

3b. If you return messages, don't assume people are awake and want to buy your **** at 3:00 AM. Idiot
Won't sell.

4. Attitude-
This is bad: "I have the best Jeep wheels ever, they are worth 5 times what all other Jeep wheels are worth, even though there are 5 more just like mine listed for much less on this same page, I will only sell them to people with unicorns who will submit a blood sample. No trades, I don't want your junk." Don't assume you are doing anyone a favor by selling them something you don't want.

5. If you list something as "$300 OBO" don't get pissy about an offer lower than the asking price.
You won't sell.

Rant off....for now.
Great advice, you could even expand it to the Classified adds run by various Jeep forums. I like #5, $300 OBO. OK, I'll give ya $50.00. I wish I had a dime for every time I've had that happen. :D

·
King Thread De-Railer
2,801 Posts

2. Picture.
You won't sell

Won't sell.

4. Attitude-

You won't sell.

Rant off....for now.
ooh i love CL i pretty much live on it tbh. 1 if you list your number(i do anyways) you get all the spam calls and bull**** supposedly i have yet to get that. i have put a set of 100 dollar headsets(my posting is for 65 bucks i think thats a deal yeh? ) on and got nothing but bull**** responses from people like this maggie chick who wants me to join her adult facebook to message her my contact info so that we can talk about the item im selling... its a ****ing pair of HEAD PHONES what the ****... on a side note on that item im glad i didn't put my number. photos is like a duhhh. i dont even look at adds if they dont have photos luls.

you forgot number 6. if you post your add and the low ballers come at you with half your asking price its there loss. i hate when i list something for say 20 bucks and somebody offers me 5 dollars on said item. they ****ing suck balls.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't started on the CL "Buying for dummies" yet.

I love me some CL, mostly because Ebay can suck it, but some of the folks with access to a keyboard have to be living in a nuthouse or home for the "mentally challenged" someplace.

I've been looking at wheels for the last week or so, and it gets frustrating dealing with some of the 'tards listing stuff for sale. One guy has listed a set of wheels, and he renews the ad every day. I've called him twice and emailed him once.
He either listed the wrong # and doesn't check email, or he's just a ****in' idiot. He can keep them at this point.

Another lady listed a set of Canyons (she called them stock 16 inch steel wheels, but they were canyons in the pic) at $300 OBO, then got REALLY NASTY when I asked her what her minimum was. "Didn't you read the ad? $300 is what it says, don't call me with bull****!" and hung up. Wow. Called me back a few days later and said I could have them for 275, I told her not to call me with bull**** and hung up.

I could go on. I forget how hard it can be to give someone money sometimes.

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
I was looking at a snow plow the other day and this was the add. I will never buy something from someone like this.

Meyers 6.5 with pump and angle hydraulics. Truck mount not included but we had a custom mount made for our truck that was cheaper!

May trade for about $1k worth of stuff like firearms, trailer, shop tools, dirt or water toy...or just try $700 CASH. When the snow starts to pile up...AGAIN...then the price will go up too!

I only E-Mail. Thanks-

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Idiots Tips for buying on CL/Ebay

1. Don't call, make a deal and say "I'll be there to pick them up at _________", and get mad when you didn't show and it got sold to somebody else. Idiot.

2. Don't think that because you are up at 3 am that everybody else is. Idiot.

3. Don't assume you are the only person on earth interested in the item.

4. If someone is selling Jeep parts, they proabably aren't interested in trading for a china cabinet. I doesn't hurt to offer, but don't get pissy when it's rejected.

5. Don't think that someone will "hold it for you" 'til you have money.

6. OBO does not mean 25% of the asking price. It also doesn't mean the seller wants to trade for your spare shovel and ten bucks.

7. If you want the item, and take three days to make an offer, don't be mad when it's gone.

8. If the ad is deleted...IT IS GONE!!!.

Sold some wheels this week, and all of this happened. I weep for the future of th US.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts