Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
My brother did it about 20 years ago. It went pretty smooth but he took a decent loss. I'd rather be patient and sell it on my own

·
Retired- Now I Golf
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since its a nice motorhome, in good condition, they will sell it for 13% commision, instead of there usual 20%. Being the right time of year, I was hoping it would sell fast, but only had 4 calls on it, and just 1 of those even came to look. But my feeling is they wanted a larger motorhome than mine, they gave the impression it was too small.

·
4,987 Posts
Lets see if we can sell it here for ya. Post some pics to get us interested...I'll start the bidding at a $1.00

·
Premium Member
1,586 Posts
I moved furniture and did part time sales for a consignment store.

Most everything was a hard sell. I would say hold onto it and sell it privately.

·
Retired- Now I Golf
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry, I should have updated this, in talking to my niece she offered to help me market it. And tonight actually a couple is making the couple hour drive up to see it. They have been email many photos, and told all about it, and seem very keen. With luck they will be the proud new ownners of a mint condition, low kms motorhome soon. A huge thank you to my niece for coming over, getting all the details, taking over a hundred photos, and fielding the calls and emails. She is an amazing lady, and said she is doing it to help her uncle, but I already have plans to pay her once it sells.

·
Premium Member
14,500 Posts
Kelowna said:
Thanks Barrie, I never consider anything sold until the paper work is done and I have the money in my hand, but I remain optomistic.
How did things work out?

·
Retired- Now I Golf
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It went good, they could not come friday, something happened. They came yesterday morning, looked it over. Liked it, wanted an inspection done. So I drove it to a shop and left it there. It checked out good, said all they did was grease the slide out slider things. So we made a deal, did the paper work, we both use the Royal Bank, so went down and transfered the money, and they insured it and he drove it home, she drove their car. My niece did 90% of the work, took the calls, did the emails, photos and really she did nearly all of it. So now I need to give her some money, well don't need to, but will. Only a rude person wouldn't in my opinion. She is a wonderful lady my niece, the youngest girl of my brother who has 4 girls, and the best friend of my lady.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Include a nice thank you card with the cash. That was really nice of her to step up.

·
Premium Member
1,586 Posts
It went good, they could not come friday, something happened. They came yesterday morning, looked it over. Liked it, wanted an inspection done. So I drove it to a shop and left it there. It checked out good, said all they did was grease the slide out slider things. So we made a deal, did the paper work, we both use the Royal Bank, so went down and transfered the money, and they insured it and he drove it home, she drove their car. My niece did 90% of the work, took the calls, did the emails, photos and really she did nearly all of it. So now I need to give her some money, well don't need to, but will. Only a rude person wouldn't in my opinion. She is a wonderful lady my niece, the youngest girl of my brother who has 4 girls, and the best friend of my lady.
That worked out quick.

·
Retired- Now I Golf
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It went well once she worked on it, nothing with my lame attempts. Its the right time of year, so I knew it needed to sell soon if it was going to sell at all.
Rik, I gave her a card as suggested, thanks. Then a discussion ensued about the money, and eventually she was convinced to just say thanks, and put it in her pocket.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Got anything else you want to sell? Put her on it. Maybe she has a knack for sales.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Offer it to her anyway. Maybe she has fun doing sales.
If she's too busy she'll say so.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts