Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
I am a newbie here. I have 2010 JK and the check engine light came on but it is not flashing. I tightened the gas cap but it is still on. Should I bring it to the dealer or this is not something serous? Thank you.

·
4,987 Posts
Check and see if all the vacuum lines are connected. I have a problem with my wifes GC from time to time, little vacuum line under the hood. Worth a look see.

·
Just Another User
7 Posts
I would never dismiss the severity of a "check engine light".
If it is still under warranty you should take it to the dealer right away. If it is no longer covered you can try turning the key from off position to accessory position three times and it should show the trouble codes. Another option is to take it to your local auto parts store and have them check for codes.
There is a complete list of trouble codes listed in the JK F.A.Q. on JeepForum > http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/...tions-will-rub-links-popular-threads-1074059/
Good luck :)

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Have your dealership check it. 99% of the time, checking it is free.

But, if it comes on every 5000 miles, in all likelihood it's routine maintenance light.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had it come on a few times so I got a new gas cap & cleared it with a code reader, hasn't been in since, that was months ago

1 - 5 of 5 Posts