Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am in the market for another badass flashlight. I like flashlights, especially LED ones. I mean, what guy in their right mind doesn't like cool **** like badass flashlights?

Currently have 3 MAGLites and one non brand light. Not pictured is the vast collection of Pelican lights that are around here somewhere.. Slowly building up my arsenal, and am in the market for another one.

This time I'd like to get an inexpensive light, say $30 or so, preferably a rechargeable, and that can be charged with a 12v cigarette lighter outlet on a car. Needs to definitely be durable, BRIGHT (as in LED, not incandescent), and not very large, say 10-12" long at the most. I'd like to get another flood/spot style light like the one that was stolen out of my Jeep last night :mad:

Had like 40 LED's on the side that flooded the area, then a single LED in the tip that was a spotlight. Ideas?

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Rechargeable from home or auto, waterproof, floats light side up so you can see it if dropped. Drop proof from 10-15 feet. LED and bright as hell. I have one and love it. Made by Stanley.

·
Registered
9,643 Posts
Nice. Light weight. Rechargeable. But not cheap. I got lucky and found mine at a Goodwill store. Guy was at the counter whining about paying 5 bucks for it. That was for the flashlight and charger, They go for about $100 new. I had to buy a battery for it. $25 bucks.

The rechargeable mag lights are nice too. But again, pricey. I have had one for about twenty years. Have replaced the battery a couple of time and same for teh bulb. Not led but both can be upgraded.

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
I have an abundance of rechargeable Maglights from my old cop days. They last 4-5 hours on a charge and make one hell of a weapon.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
I have a pretty good collection of different mag lights. And you are right, the four cell makes a great weapon.
I have some weird ones that people have gotten me over the years too. Some with built in tripods. I also have a few of the crank type emergency flashlights in my cars and Jeep, as well as a few around the house.
I'll bet I have fifty of those little single AA battery LED flashlights you get for free from Harbor freight. They are all over my house and cars. I saw a box of them in my son's room.
My favorite one is my "Aluminum Hand Torch" high pressure xenon waterproof flashlight. It kicks buttox.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
My dad brought me home a gift yesterday...

http://pelican.com/lights_detail.php?recordID=2410N

For 4 AA batteries, it's stupid bright. Glow in the dark tip, and 100% water tight up to 100 meters. Not exactly as good of a weapon as my other lights, but just as blindingly bright. Not sure if I want to keep it in the Jeep though.. We have a load of pelicans floating around the house somewhere.

Although I am thinking about getting a Pelican Stealth 2460 Rechargeable, as well as a locking center console to mount it inside of.

http://pelican.com/lights_detail_accessories.php?recordID=2460

Probably going to get a Pelican 3750 Big Ed as well, since you can never have enough light, especially at night time when you're forced to have to work on your Jeep in the rain miles away from home, let alone any roads..

http://pelican.com/lights_detail.php?recordID=3750

If it's not stupid bright it's not bright enough.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts