Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just took a break from painting my cabinets and realize that on the news today the city of San Bernardino is filing for bankrupcty, that makes three cities in CA in the last couple of weeks to do so. We are struggling and have been for longer then I can count.

Also on the news they are showing all the construction going on, they are tearing out and replacing more then 20 onramp/offramp and bridges to make traffic flow better.

My question is WHY are we spending millions upon millions to help a few more cars get around without giving the finger when we are in such bad shape?

In the real world that means you need to cut things back and not spend so much. If you have a home with power, cable, gas, pool, two cars in the garage and a boat and you got a pay cut, naturally you would stop running the AC so much,maybe cut the cable sell a car and maintnence the pool yourself to save money. Why can't our government do the same.

That is all, back to painting for me.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Three reasons: Jerry Brown, Unions, Democrats.

They all three like to spend money like it's not their own, because it isn't.

Like the stupid ass high speed rail that is going from some obscure farming community to another one, costing over $100 billion in taxpayer money, and nobody is going to ride it. But it will create lots of union jobs.
The unions put Jerry in office, he feeds them, and the democrat cronies do anything their party leaders want. They are all rich and are not in touch with the reality of what the general population is going through. It's all about keeping their office by greasing the palms of the unions here. The liberal bozos that live in this state vote on party lines, but they don't have a clue how they are screwing themselves.

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
I can't wait to jump on that high speed train from Fresno to what. Bakersfield? I'm also certain all the signs will be in Spanish to accommodate the 90% of the population. Yep, California's version of a "Bridge to Nowhere!"

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
The legislation called for it to follow a transportation corridor, like along a freeway or railway or canal/river.
So now they have changed it's route and the rail cuts right through prime farm land, no corridor. The farmers are pissed because it will be miles between crossings where they can get to the other side of their land. Which means their fuel costs will go up to harvest because they have to drive around it, which means we pay more.
Dumb ass politicians.

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
Seems more reasonable to run this Goliath from Ontario to Los Angeles International Airport, or my personal choice, from Ontario to Las Vegas.

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
From the inland empire anywhere to Vegas would probably get used 100,000 times more then up north.

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sitting on the 15 south on a sunday will take you 10 hours to go a 3 hour drive. Sitting on the 5 south will take 3 hours to do a 3 hour drive. You do the math.

·
4,987 Posts
It's not just California, it's the mindset of our nation. Fact is, you can't borrow and spend you way out of debt. All you get... is more debt. Nashville is borrowing and building a 100 million dollar convention center and raising property taxes because they don't have the money, after they said they wouldn't raise taxes to fund it. The convention business in in decline, didn't stop the mayor. Stupid is as stupid does. (Chris that was from the movie Forrest Gump)

·
Registered
280 Posts
But didn't you know, the liberals are smarter than the rest of us and know that they need to make decisions for us. Only the democrats know what is good for us.

·
4,987 Posts
Steve, I use to think that way, but I don't think either party really gives a rats knuckle about any of us once the elections over.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Three reasons: Jerry Brown, Unions, Democrats.

They all three like to spend money like it's not their own, because it isn't.

Like the stupid ass high speed rail that is going from some obscure farming community to another one, costing over $100 billion in taxpayer money, and nobody is going to ride it. But it will create lots of union jobs.
The unions put Jerry in office, he feeds them, and the democrat cronies do anything their party leaders want. They are all rich and are not in touch with the reality of what the general population is going through. It's all about keeping their office by greasing the palms of the unions here. The liberal bozos that live in this state vote on party lines, but they don't have a clue how they are screwing themselves.
California's spending issues go back further than Jerry Brown. Grey Davis and Arnold didn't do a whole lot better.

California's issues boil down to spending on public programs and programs special interests push through. So to pay for it, California raises bonds/taxes/fees, etc. Look at car tags back in the early 2000's. I had to pay over 700 to register my 2000 WJ with tags. Unreal.

The .gov of California really needs to reassess how it is spending money. It's not a D or an R thing - it is a politics and way of doing business thing. IMHO, if the .gov is going to ream the banks for acting stupidly, they should at least be holding themselves to the same (or higher) standard. This applies at the state AND federal level.

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I agree we need to get rid of programs, we seem to have a program for a program for a program. Let us fail already so we can start over. It is unreal that these people in charge of spending my money have no clue how to spend within their means. I think the average house wife can run this place better. If you have an income of 2 million then don't spend more then 2 million and to be smart save a hundred grand a month.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts