Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone built or know what supplies I would need to build my own in garage jeep hoist? I have seen lists before that I saved somewhere on my computer but I have no idea where the have been deleted to :p Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions...please;)

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Hi and welcome to the site. Pull up a keyboard and stay a while.
I just went to Home Depot and bought some pulleys, big S hooks, and rope and made my own. It's heavy tho'. So I doubled up the pulleys top and bottom for more leverage. And, my hard top has a roof rack so that made it even easier to hook on to. I added a couple straps to the rafters to wrap around it for safety.
I will see if I can find the write-up for a really cool home built lift I saw.
Harbor Freight has a cheapy little winch that you could mount to the wall to do the lifting for you.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
The Harbor Freight 440 pound electric winch is about $99. Get a car magazine and find the 20% off coupon to make it even cheaper.
You will need some fabricating skills and be comfortable with tools to make your own or even install a commercially built hoist.
It's pretty simple logic, it needs to grab the top and be balanced. and it needs to be strong and secure. Google helps.

Harbor Freight winch....
http://www.harborfreight.com/110-volt-440-lb-capacity-electric-hoist-with-remote-control-40765.html

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RikRotorhead said:
The Harbor Freight 440 pound electric winch is about $99. Get a car magazine and find the 20% off coupon to make it even cheaper.
You will need some fabricating skills and be comfortable with tools to make your own or even install a commercially built hoist.
It's pretty simple logic, it needs to grab the top and be balanced. and it needs to be strong and secure. Google helps.

Harbor Freight winch....
http://www.harborfreight.com/110-volt-440-lb-capacity-electric-hoist-with-remote-control-40765.html
Thanks :) I have actually looked at that winch at harbor freight. I am new to this wrangler forum but do belong to a couple of others. I had a really good write up on a home built lift but I must have deleted it and have searched the other forums but I can't seem to find it now. Thanks for your links all the help is appreciated! And no fear my hubby will help me get it all installed so I don't burn the garage down ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts