Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all have one.

What's on yours?

I saw this on TV. I would love to do this.... 577537_178267588960454_167290316724848_279954_2119488553_n.jpg

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has individual brakes for each side.
You wouldn't do it? I'll bet you would (given enough beer).

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pastrana is a madman. I would do it. I would like to see what the bike looked like afterward.

I've been in a bunch of stunt planes. They are fun. Best one was nan open cockpit biplane.
That one looks pretty fast.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I've traveled around the world and have been to some cool places. I have an awesome wife and great friends. Overall, I've lived a pretty good life. That said, a fishing trip to Alaska would be the one thing I'd want to knock off my list.

I have a nephew who's graduating in a few years so I'm planning on taking him on a 2 week Alaska back country trip as a present. The wife isn't a patient fishing partner so she can do another Europe trip with one of her sisters while we're gone.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have always wanted to race in a street luge. It looks like major fun and a pucker factor of eight.

·
4,987 Posts
I think I have to agree with Austin. I've been blessed with a lot of things in my life. I've come to accept a lot of other things. Everyday is a new adventure, but if it ended tomorrow, I have no regretts. Something special I want to do before I go...I'm good.

·
Premium Member
14,500 Posts
oldognewtrick said:
i think i have to agree with austin. I've been blessed with a lot of things in my life. I've come to accept a lot of other things. Everyday is a new adventure, but if it ended tomorrow, i have no regretts. Something special i want to do before i go...i'm good.
x3!!!!

X3!!!

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Meh... I'm not ready to lay down and die yet. Too many fun things to do in the world.
I have done more in my lifetime than many people could do int two. I came really close to dying in 2008 with stage 4 cancer, and laying there in that hospital bed for a month makes you appreciate the excitement of life and the love of family.

One of my favorite sayings I have on a plaque on my wall next to my computer:

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside totally worn out, and proclaiming "Wow! What a ride!"
I am going to do all the things I can afford to do and live what life I have left to the fullest.

Meanwhile:

Riding a dual sport dirt bike down the Death Road in Bolivia is near the top of my list.

·
4,987 Posts
Who said anything about laying down and dying? Theres a whole lotta livin to do...I hope.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry. I didn't mean it that way. I meant it as a metaphor. Keep grabbing the gusto sort of thing.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I would also like to walk the Haushan Trail in China.

There is a temple at the top........

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
In case you haven't noticed, I AM extremely acrophobic.
Literally. It's one of the reasons I learned to fly helicopters. There are other reasons too of course.
I choose high places to challenge my fear.
It's all about confidence. Confidence is something no one can give to you or take from you. It's a gift you give yourself and only you can lose it.
In the immortal words of Jimmy H. Woo, "You can take my life, but you cannot take my confidence". Words to live by.

·
Registered
9,643 Posts
It would take several people and some good drugs to get me on that trail. I am severely acrophobic also. But yes it can be conquered. I managed to overcome mine when I worked construction. Didn't want to appear to be a wimp in front of all the guys. :eek:

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 20 of 36 Posts