Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so I broke a hard line going to my rear axle should I replace with oem or upgrade? If you guys recommend upgrading the lines what should I go with?

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
Right on that's not a bad price. I used to have bend really intricate copper coils for an induction hardening machine so I have a TON of practice at it and enjoy doing that stuff

·
Registered
17 Posts
I see this is an older post but I thought I would throw out to others that you can buy different lengths of hard break line and bend it yourself. They sell a tool to bend it for pretty cheap and they sell brake lines that are not suppose to kink. I have use them more then a few times with no issues.

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Me too, I will never buy a pre bent line, Just get the right length and a 10 dollar tool and you are good to go. I also picked up a flaring tool and practice on my old line to get good at it before I did it on new stuff, now I can make just about any line.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I bought easy bend line and got them flared it was only 20 bucks and I got my line in the original factory clips I was pretty surprised lol

·
Lazy Slacker
10,453 Posts
I did my buddies TJ, we replaced all the lines. He was talked into an easy bend copper like line by e sales man. I have (but haven't seen since his job) a flare tool set.. It was very easy to do provided you take your time..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts