Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK. I have a 1987 YJ with the 4.2L. I had my engine rebuilt by a local reputable rebuilder and have about 700 miles on it since then. I had a local shop install the rebuilt engine since that's the only way the rebuilder would warranty it. The shop that installed the engine was also supposed to rebuild the carb but after looking closer at the engine, I was wondering if they actually did. There's missing engine to bell housing bolts, they left 2 old cracked fuel lines and reused them, etc... Today while on the highway on my way to work it bogged down at full throttle and slowed from 78 to 50 mph. After being able to drop the throttle down to about half way down, it picked right back up on power again with no other issues. I have noticed that anything past about half throttle causes slight hesitation but this is the first time it was this bad. I'm wondering if I should try to rebuild the carb. I have done them before but was wondering if anyone had any issues like this before. The engine sounded like it was starving for fuel when it happened as well. Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After seeing some of the things they left undone and unfinished I will not take it back there. I didn't even get into all the stuff they neglected to do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts