Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a JK 4 dr. unlimited soft top & want to pick up a rack for transporting a canoe. I think I've narrowed it down to either the new Wilderness Adventure (not the expedition that includes the basket) or the Body Armour rack. The Body Armour rack seems like it would be nice because you don't have to remove the rack to put the soft top down. The Wilderness Adventure swings back to put the soft top down. At one time they said it took 2 people to swing the the Wilderness Expedition back, but they don't say that on the add for the Wilderness Adventure rack. So I don't know if the Wilderness Adventure is easy to swing back or not, but I like the style of it better than the Body Armour rack & it has cross bars. Also, which would be better to put a canoe on top of?
thanks,

·
Banned
37 Posts
I guess it would depend on how often your canoeing.. and of course how often you wanting the top to be down.. sort of a catch 22 if you ask me.. you can have one or the other just not both.. Also, I would assume you have a full jeep when traveling.. because I was going to suggest removing the top all together or replacing it with an easier substitute.. if this is an option. then I would go for the fixed rack mount.. and if the top needed to be removed.. you don't have to mess with the typical rods and hardware..

Foot Note: I just though of something.. after posting.. what about the freedom hard top.. which can be removed in sections.. and the whole top doesn't have to be removed.. just the parts you need. Again this would allow for the fixed rack system.. because the freedom hard top can detach and slide away from the roof and lays flat for easy storage.

·
79 Posts
I have the Kargo Master and love it. Its easy for one person to pull up from the rear bumper. Yoou can get attachments for Bikes, Canoes, or baskets.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts