Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's hit up the fireworks stands this year? I'm going to go on Saturday but a couple of my neighbors have already started the festivities... as I'm going to bed.

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
My G/F's son in law runs the fireworks company who shoots off all the Superbowl games as well as the Macy's 4th of July fireworks extravaganza in New York. I'm going to try to get my hands on one of those 6" mortar rounds shot from a tube. Would that be cool?

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
My G/F's son in law runs the fireworks company who shoots off all the Superbowl games as well as the Macy's 4th of July fireworks extravaganza in New York. I'm going to try to get my hands on one of those 6" mortar rounds shot from a tube. Would that be cool?
Six inch?!! That's HUGE!
The average fireworks show only uses 2 1/2 inch to maybe 3 1/2 inch. Those go up 500-1000 feet and have a report spray about 1/8 mile wide.
At the fireworks convention in Havasu one year they launched a 16 inch mortar and warned everybody to plug their ears. It went up over a mile and still set off car alarms in downtown Havasu and they were launched from Sara Park. I love hat show. I will be there again this year.

All I have are a bunch of left over M-80's. I was thinking about making up a batch of C-4 to take out to the desert this weekend but Betsy put the screechers on that idea. Women.... "there will be kids there and you don't need to blow stuff up, and knowing you, you will make the bomb as big as you can somebody will get hurt snd (in Charlie Brown's school teacher's voice) wa wa wa wa, wa wa wa wa, and wa wa wa...."
So, I'm taking a small hydrogen fuel generator and some rocket stuff instead. I guess I'll tie sparklers to the rockets. Weeeee....

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
I wish I would have stopped at the Avi when I cam back from Laughlin last time. I have nothing right now and may head out for the desert this weekend.

·
Premium Member
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Six inch?!! That's HUGE!
The average fireworks show only uses 2 1/2 inch to maybe 3 1/2 inch. Those go up 500-1000 feet and have a report spray about 1/8 mile wide.
At the fireworks convention in Havasu one year they launched a 16 inch mortar and warned everybody to plug their ears. It went up over a mile and still set off car alarms in downtown Havasu and they were launched from Sara Park. I love hat show. I will be there again this year.

All I have are a bunch of left over M-80's. I was thinking about making up a batch of C-4 to take out to the desert this weekend but Betsy put the screechers on that idea. Women.... "there will be kids there and you don't need to blow stuff up, and knowing you, you will make the bomb as big as you can somebody will get hurt snd (in Charlie Brown's school teacher's voice) wa wa wa wa, wa wa wa wa, and wa wa wa...."
So, I'm taking a small hydrogen fuel generator and some rocket stuff instead. I guess I'll tie sparklers to the rockets. Weeeee....
That's pretty awesome.

The fireworks displays down here always get cancelled due to the epic drought.

This year may be the exception.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts