1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Can't see why it would hurt them.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hey thats a good idea! Never really thought of that. I've always used simple green and a scrub brush and its worked good for me. its kind of time consuming though

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
I don't recommend putting them in the dryer tho'. Just sayin'.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea... I gotta buy some of those star bits to get the seat belt bracket off... but ill definitely let ya know how it goes..

·
43 Posts
You know, Iv heard stories of someone washing a 'something or other' in the washer and having it literally unravel to a pile of pulp. I think it was on a Military Vehicle site, maybe Steel Soldiers Supersite..

But if your hesitant in washing in a washing machine, how about a large Cooler with a little detergent and water. Let them soak for a couple hours and then set next to the cooler on a folding chair or some such and use your bare feet to nead and step up and down, like squashing grapes. I'v washed different things in this manner, and after just hose of off or re-fill the cooler for a rinse and then hose off.

·
17 Posts
Put mine int the washer yesterday. Washed on cold/delicate and laid them out on the hood foam side up. Looks like new.

·
43 Posts
I suppose the whole reason to have them clean...... is to have them look newish again. Once clean, I'd imagine many of us would like to use some sort of Armorall or spray that would bring back the color and reduce fade, so as to have a new appearance. I'v looked at tire sprays, but have been warned against it on the parent product site. I wonder what product would be safe to use and restore the new black look?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts