Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

BBQ, Grillin' and smoking

37K views 325 replies 22 participants last post by  seadog 
Chicken Chili lime burgers.

Boneless chicken breast
two anehiem Chili's (or a small can of diced green chili's for the lazy)
two small limes

Grind up chicken in a meat grinder and put in bowl
Grill anahiem chili's until clear skin layer peels off easily.
Peel and chop upchili's
Squeeze limes into chicken and add chili's and mix.
Make patties and set in freezer for at least 20 minutes or until firm.
Toss on grill and cook away, top with pepper jack cheese and whatever else you want.
I skipped breakfast, now I'm regretting it.

I'll have to give this a try.

Will ground turkey work just as well?

I'll get it up today or tomorrow, I am out of town working so I don't have much time.

Next time you do the turkey burgers try to mix in a little olive oil with the meat, it will keep it juicy and give you some of that greasy burger feel everyone likes but is good for you. And remember never squeze any juices out of burgers no matter the meat.

I like to top mine with guacamole and bacon lettuce, tomatoe.
Good idea.

I'll give it a try. Everyone liked the taste. I'm sure I will be making them again in the near future.

Beer can chicken again. MMMmmm.

Not a big fan of giving out all my recipes but here you go.

1 Med Onion ( Sliced, Diced However you Prefer)

3 Cloves Garlic Diced

2 Lb Buger or whatever type of meat you like (sometimes Ido 1 pound pork sausage and 1 pound beef/venison)

1 Lb Chorizo

4 oz Mushroom (canned)

12 oz tomato paste

14-1/2 oz Diced Tomatoes ( sometimes I get them withgarlic or one of those combo cans)

1 can Pinto Beans

1 cans Kidney Beans

1 can black beans

1 Can Black eyed Peas

2 oz diced chilis of jalos depending on taste

2 oz can diced green chilis

2 tsp sugar

3/4 tsp salt

1 tsp pepper

1 bay leaf

3 tsp chili powder (or more to taste and brand)

1/2 cup water

and of course a splash of beer

Sometimes I add a half a can of corn

Slightly sauté the onion and garlic in a splash of olive oilnot to much just so they don't stick to pan and burn add burger and cook tillabout half way done, than add chorizo. cook thoroughly. Then add all otheritems mixing as you go. After all items are mixed together i usually let itcook on stove on med to low heat and continue cooking for about an hourstirring occasionally. You will get water on top but that will evaporate someas cooking when you stir it during the process you will mix it back in so don'tfreak if there is an inch of liquid on top.
Bwahahahaha I will use this for evil!

Thank you though.

Yum, couldn't you add a bit more wood or is it set up to only allow so much heat through anyway? I want to see this setup.
\

It didn't work the last time I tried it but I it was really pouring out.

Link works if I click on it, weird...oh well here is a pic.
Good idea. The wife has been wanting one for a while. I will have to buy two as I'm sure she doesn't want her smelling like smoke.

I can see why the rotor guy likes to hang out there so much. Cool backyard. (wheres the high 5 smilie?)
It is. Very cool.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.