Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
howdy all....well after correcting my jeep for Chris :p i need me some ideas on some decent flairs.....and yes by law down here i have to run them....
thing is i don't have much to bolt to...was running these pos....lasted about 10 mins...kinda knew that but...:eek:

haven't got much to work with ....

back ones lasted until i hit a tree with about 10 mins to run on last track of the weekend:rolleyes:

now i cant go to a local 4wd store and buy jeep stuff, but links , pics and ideas would be ******* please.....

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
kinda liking the tube flare idea.....could kinda bounce the rear off trees to get around the tracks faster..may have to google and find a write up on how to build.....cheers for pics Chris,that first pic looks interesting

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
The only problem I have seen with tube fenders is that they can be too strong. I have seen a couple of them dent tub's. Thats why i went plastic fenders from MCE. they have them now with flairs.

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
I've made a couple sets, there not too hard just need proper tools but I've made them with crap in the past also. its easier if you try to reuse your inner fender and I usually leave some on the original fender. When I've made them I just look online for detailed pics of a set before there mounted then go from there. I also try to remember that there's nothing that cant be fixed, so if you screw up, oh well try again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.