Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
While it would seem a better restraint system, it does have it's drawbacks. Like ducking or moving and leaning down if you roll over, in which case your held upright. But then NASCAR seems to get through some pretty hairy wreaks. I'm sure while 'Crawling' you spend a lot of time leaning out of the door opening, gauging your obstacles and wheel position, so there, it obviously would be of no use But stuff like desert racing might become an item of interest.

Thing is....... almost nobody makes a 'DOT APPROVED' harness. That is until now. 'Scroth' makes this harness
This is the FE 4pt harness system that’s DOT-legal for street use. With a 5p or 6pt anti-sub strap, its legal for track use, too. The rotary buckle is fixed to the right lab belt and the belt system is setup for for pull-down adjustment. These have snap-on lap and anti-sub strap connectors. ASM module is affixed to the inside shoulder strap.Open shoulders with 3-bar wrap adjusters, 2 7/16″ bolts for lap belts. Bolt-in lap connectors and either snap-in or bolt-in shoulder hardware is optional.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CCUQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Frennsportsystems.com%2Fupgrade%2Fschroth-competition-harnesses%2F&ei=S3Q3UKOhGYqQ9QTM_oHgBw&usg=AFQjCNH0f-68SnSYyAVLDDnl2oHKuJxVQA

Attachments

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
I have five points in the rear seat for my kids, and four points in the front seats.
Stay away from the rotary buckle. Those are for street use. They fill with sand and dirt in off road use and jamb up often.
Mine have the standard pull to release with the red velcro safety tab.
I also have NASCAR window netting on the sides in the rear to protect my kids from branches, and the possibility of them putting their hand out in the event of a roll over.
Don't always believe everything you read in an advertisement. Mine are DOT, SCORE, and NASCAR approved harnesses.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I put five point harneses in my Baja Bug and they really help to keep you in you seat during the high speed cross country driving, but I only used it as a lap belt when I was driving it on the street.

I'm still undecided if I will put them in my jeep. Right now I keep my wheeling somewhat light.

·
37 Posts
I have my regular shoulder/lap belt. 80% of the time i dont use it. only in town. When i actually go wheeling ill probably get a more reliable set up, but i dont think ill go passed a 4 pt set up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.