Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long should my compressor run when I switch it on to use my lockers? It seems like it takes forever to stop, and once it does it usually kicks back on within a minitue or two.

·
Registered
979 Posts
How long should my compressor run when I switch it on to use my lockers? It seems like it takes forever to stop, and once it does it usually kicks back on within a minitue or two.
Means you have an air leak. it should run for a few seconds then stop.
In cold weather it will cycle till the gear oil heats up. Try locating it to either front or rear locker, is a good place to start

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I turn on the compressor and wait for it to fill before I hit the locker switches, waiting for the compressor to fill before i turn on lockers switches is what takes a long time. Does this sound like a bad air tank, or could it still be in the lines?

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Feed an explosive gas into the air compressor, then flick it on. Run around the lines with a match, wherever it explodes is where your leak used to be.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Chances are it is the valving on the compressor itself. Not uncommon at all and yours is doing exactly what mine did not long after installing it. You can call ARB directly and their help line will walk you through checking those valves while on the phone. Took about 5 minutes and resolved the problem. No issues since then.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Problem resolved! Found many bubbles using a spray bottle of soapy water around the "Solenoid Valve". The fittings all had pipe dope on them, I took off and replaced with Teflon tape and tightened on a work bench and reinstalled .... and now I don't have any more bubbles. :D Compressor kicks on at 90 psi and kicks off at 100 psi, and it doesn't continue to run.
Thanks for all your feedback hope this can help somebody else in the future. :)
Dave

·
Lazy Slacker
10,453 Posts
I typically use both tape and dope.. I know your not supposed to but an old (age) plumber told me to do it for air..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts