Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys is there anybody up in western Washington area that's going to the fun run in Tahuya this June?

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
I'm not going, June is already too busy since that's the month they open all of Liberty, Manastash/Naches area and the Groundhog rock crawl is that month.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe I'll see you at liberty because the fun run isn't solid for me unless I have a buddy with me... Just for safety precaution ya know

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
Reiter trails( they are trying to get away from the stigma created by using "pit") Closed to motorized vehicle use in Nov 09. There is a group(RTW http://www.reitertrailwatch.com/forum/ )working on getting access back to the area though and it looks like they will have some of it reopened by next year.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Both you guys are north of me, I'm south of Oly. Interested in the rock crawling aspect, the mud and carniage that seem to go with the winter wheeling just isn't my style. Tell me about Liberty in June.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Id love to go up to liberty but that's a bit far for me ATM but maybe in June it could be in my sight. Because it looks awesome funny thing is I used to live just a couple miles from it and never even knew it was there. I found a cool little mostly private wheel site just into Idaho I believe it is and its calm and quiet with ranging difficulty levels I love it and if I went to liberty I would have to visit the old stomping grounds. it would be a cool place to take you Mumblewood!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It was a shame when it closed also since it was a blast to wheel.
i only got to wheel it once and that was in my dads lap in a ZR2 blazer a number of years back i just thought it would be cool to head out there since i have family in Monroe and its in Gold bar witch as far as i know is in the same general area give or take 15 miles.

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
Liberty is just outside of Cle Elum, I can get there in an 90 min. Its alot of fun and the hills are steep but its way more fun with some moisture on the ground. When its totally dry there is NO challenge to anything over there but the views are awesome. I like going there any time of year but love it in June and Oct-Nov That and my Parents live about 15 min away so my Dad will usually come and drag out his Jeep.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well thats cool we should go out in june like have me meet you at say fry's? What do you think?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just send me a pm when your headed out there in june and ill let you know if find permit for me to go out there. If so we can swap numbers or something :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts