Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like the look of an aggressive wrangler. I've looked into the nitto trail grapplers, not so enthused about the price however. Any good suggestions that can give me that aggressive look without the aggressive price tag? (Everyday/beach driver)

·
Registered
82 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
Basically if ya want a good tire your gonna have to pay for it. If someone made a great aggressive offroad tire that was awesome on the street and was cheap, we'd all be running it.

·
Are we havin' fun yet?
7 Posts
BFG All-Terrains will be your best bet if you don't get in the mud but do some light off-roading. They're particularly good in sand. I run them on my Dodge trucks and have been very happy (put over 50k miles on a set once!).

If you do want to get even more aggressive, the BFG Mud Terrains might be worth looking at too. I run these on my JK.

I can tell you that before you seriously consider Terra Grapplers, you need to ask a few guys who work in tire shops for their opinion of these first. I think you'll end up going with something else if you do.

EDIT: Just realized the thread is two months old, bet you already bought them! LOL

·
Registered
979 Posts
KM2's after a bit of wear get pretty darn loud, other than that they are a pretty decent tire that balances really well, with very little weight. MTR is a better offroad tire , but does not balance anywhere near as well

·
Registered
144 Posts
Km2s are very quite. You'll have more wind noise than tire at speed. If you're worried about in cab noise sell your Jeep and buy a land cruiser. The duracrap is more AT than MT. I currently have procomp extreme at's. They are a great duel use tire. I would never pay full price for them tho. I got a screaming deal on a set of 5 on rims.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Not to throw a wrench in the decision but I have always run BFG A/T's or BFG M/T's with great luck, but now I run Mickey Thompson BAJA MTZ's & won't look back. Very durable tire so far

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.