Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
I don't know what goes through ones mind but I am gonna chalk it up to life, things like this are for the most part unavoidable and are going to happen every now and again.

One thing that I think can help everything is raising your children with some self discipline and respect for others and others property.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
It's all Bush's fault.

Life sure is different from when I was a kid. Nobody ever shot up a school or post office or McDonalds.

·
4,987 Posts
It's all Bush's fault.

Life sure is different from when I was a kid. Nobody ever shot up a school or post office or McDonalds.
I can remember in High School, standing in the parking lot showing the Asst Principal my 12 ga shotgun that we were taking to rabbit hunt after school. Of course this was 1969, but I'd hate to think what would happen today if a kid showed up with a 12 ga and a box of ammo.

·
Premium Member
1,586 Posts
It's all Bush's fault.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_shooting#1940s

I venture a guess in that the school shooting form the pre 90's decades were not highly publicized.

It also seems the emphasis has changed as it was mainly adults in past decades that did the shooting.

It's horrible.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Kids these days... This whole generation has gone to ****. Need to nuke the most of them, melt the system, hit the reset button.

·
King Thread De-Railer
2,801 Posts
It's all Bush's fault.

eh they shot mickeyDs up when i was a kid... reasontly there was a bar shooting. 2 or 3 of them. uhhh school shootings yehhh last month? maybe the month before. its crazy people are losing there minds. everytime i turn the news on theres some kind of new shooting involving teenagers. or young adults. =(

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Several per year now. Stabbings, shootings, child molesters, what's next? We've had several bomb threats at schools here in SoCal too lately.
People are nuckin' futs lately.

·
King Thread De-Railer
2,801 Posts
Several per year now. Stabbings, shootings, child molesters, what's next? We've had several bomb threats at schools here in SoCal too lately.
People are nuckin' futs lately.
OHHH were going down that street, stabbings happen like 9593492049295846403 times a month down here. just saw on the news some chick got raped by 2 dudes walking her dog at 830 at night like wtf is our world coming to. its scary if you think about it. and its getting worse and worse.

back to the school thing... its like every other week they call one into the schools around here its crazy.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Aren't you only a year or so older then them.
Physical age? Yes. However I don't quite think I mentally compare to these peanuts... Most of them barely know how to put gas in their own cars... I myself was grown up by the theory that I should expect nothing to be handed to me, and have to work for something that I want.

·
4,987 Posts
Physical age? Yes. However I don't quite think I mentally compare to these peanuts... Most of them barely know how to put gas in their own cars... I myself was grown up by the theory that I should expect nothing to be handed to me, and have to work for something that I want.
You appreciate things more when you invest your time, your money, that you worked for, in it, thats for sure. Xpress, congrats to your parents!

·
King Thread De-Railer
2,801 Posts
Xpress said:
Yeah same thats how it should be.. kids now adays naah.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I also think it has something to do with the weepy victim profile so many try to fit into in today's society. We have been taught that if you are a victim, then anything you do to retaliate is justified.

"Poor me, I'm mistreated because I didn't get a new iphone for Christmas, so I had to shoot my classmates!!"

"Yes, I got my husband drunk 'til he passed out, then burned him to death with gasoline, but that's because he abuses me"

"I shot my wife, her mother and my kids, but it's because my boss picks on me"

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
You appreciate things more when you invest your time, your money, that you worked for, in it, thats for sure. Xpress, congrats to your parents!
Oh how sweet the taste of doing something yourself. Anyone can buy a Jeep. Real Jeeps are built, not bought. :cool:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts