Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
I'm not sure of the pipe size of the 2.5L. But an inexpensive but good muffler is a Cherry Bomb from Autozone. They are quiet and cheap enough that if you take it out on a rock or stump, go get a new one.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Cool. I'm one of those people that wants my Jeep to be quiet. I need to be able to hear all the rattles, clicks, and clunks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh no dont get me wrong i like to hear for stuff incase it breaks its not loud i see some jeeps that sound like hondas mines nothin close just sounss mean ill upload a video

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
Cherry bombs and glass packs are illegal up here in Wa. offload since they are not spark arresting mufflers. And you will get checked eventually. I've been checked out in the woods by sheriffs and forest service a few times and they will ticket and impound you.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
The Cherry Bomb I was referring to was not a glass pack. They are exactly like the Thrush Turbo. They are a standard muffler but carry the Cherry Bomb name. Spark arresters are required here too.
I hear some Jeeps that have those fart can mufflers like the ricer cars have. Sounds dumb.
I wouldn't like wheeling with somebody with a loud exhaust.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Off roading on a trail probably. On the street, I love the sound of a big block. Especially through uncapped tuned headers.

·
Premium Member
14,500 Posts
The Cherry Bomb I was referring to was not a glass pack. They are exactly like the Thrush Turbo. They are a standard muffler but carry the Cherry Bomb name. Spark arresters are required here too.
I hear some Jeeps that have those fart can mufflers like the ricer cars have. Sounds dumb.
I wouldn't like wheeling with somebody with a loud exhaust.

I agree with you Rik, I would not want to follow someone like that all day on the trail.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.