Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever had an aftermarket air conditioner unit installed in their jeep? I did find a website to purchase one, but I'm a little wary about the installation. Thanks OIIIO
Tracey

·
Resident Grouch
52 Posts
Has anyone ever had an aftermarket air conditioner unit installed in their jeep? I did find a website to purchase one, but I'm a little wary about the installation. Thanks OIIIO
Tracey
Aftermarket systems are not real hard, IF you have experience with A/C. As long as there are good instructions, the average DIYer can do it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
A/C kits

I replaced just about everything on my factory A/C with parts from http://www.jeepair.com/ Seem pretty reasonable and the parts seem to be very close to OEM. They are good people to work with, I have been happy. I had no idea what I was doing, I just started tearing into it and hoped for the best. Worked out well, I had a good friend that I bugged with lots of questions. FYI, I did it on a 97 wrangler 4 cyl.

replaced:
o-rings
evap
accumulator dryer
liquid line
condenser
radiator (since I was in there anyway, it just made sense was original)
heater core for good measure since I was in there
switches pressure and cycle
hose manifold

Hardest part for me was the evaporator because you have to take out the dash. You just need to plan lots of time and go slow. There are excellent books out there and write ups online that outline how to do it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts