Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my trailer hitch and am looking for a good deal on the wiring loom. I know how to install and its so easy a caveman could do it. My question/concern is that it will throw a code do to the finicky CANbus system and I'll have to visit the stealership to have the tow "software" activated. Can anyone who has added the tow wiring shed some light on this topic? I only plan on occasionally towing small trailers and I have towed before. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
14,500 Posts
I just received my trailer hitch and am looking for a good deal on the wiring loom. I know how to install and its so easy a caveman could do it. My question/concern is that it will throw a code do to the finicky CANbus system and I'll have to visit the stealership to have the tow "software" activated. Can anyone who has added the tow wiring shed some light on this topic? I only plan on occasionally towing small trailers and I have towed before. Thanks in advance.

Should be plug and play. I will be doing this myself in the very near future.

·
Lazy Slacker
10,453 Posts
Mine was also plug and play. No codes.

I drive a manual. Not sure if the Autos have a towing setting for trans shift points.

·
3 Posts
Added hitches and wiring harness to both my autos.....no problems at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts