Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm barely two months new into Jeep ownership and have been scouring the web on any and every bit of information I can. I own a 95 YJ 4.0 5 speed with what seems just a mild lift of 3 or 4, maybe 5 inches. The usual wheel and tire update to 10.50's and nice Aluminum wheels. When I first got it, the top was folded up and in the very rear and what it had on it was a bikini and divider w/window. While pretty nice as it was, I would have liked to have a full functioning regular soft top, which I do have, but with slightly unserviceable mounts for the frame. It got me to thinking....... most Jeeps have a four point roll bar like mine as a stock item. I got to wondering if anybody then made a top that incorperated the roll bar as the bow system instead? A sort of taunt fitting using the roll bar as the bow system. I would think as many suppliers out there as there are that somebody must have experimented with such an idea?
After two months, I am really liking my YJ, and other than the obligatory Master& Slave clutch replacement, all is well and everything functioning great. But with the cooler weather just around the corner, I would like to become fully enclosed as far as tops go. I believe I might have located a supplier for the worn out mount of my existing bow system though. As I say, I'v been all over the web, and then some, and have a lot more time to go before I slide into 'knowing' about the Jeeps ins and outs.

·
Resident Grouch
52 Posts
I'm barely two months new into Jeep ownership and have been scouring the web on any and every bit of information I can. I own a 95 YJ 4.0 5 speed with what seems just a mild lift of 3 or 4, maybe 5 inches. The usual wheel and tire update to 10.50's and nice Aluminum wheels. When I first got it, the top was folded up and in the very rear and what it had on it was a bikini and divider w/window. While pretty nice as it was, I would have liked to have a full functioning regular soft top, which I do have, but with slightly unserviceable mounts for the frame. It got me to thinking....... most Jeeps have a four point roll bar like mine as a stock item. I got to wondering if anybody then made a top that incorperated the roll bar as the bow system instead? A sort of taunt fitting using the roll bar as the bow system. I would think as many suppliers out there as there are that somebody must have experimented with such an idea?
After two months, I am really liking my YJ, and other than the obligatory Master& Slave clutch replacement, all is well and everything functioning great. But with the cooler weather just around the corner, I would like to become fully enclosed as far as tops go. I believe I might have located a supplier for the worn out mount of my existing bow system though. As I say, I'v been all over the web, and then some, and have a lot more time to go before I slide into 'knowing' about the Jeeps ins and outs.
Welcome to the wonderful world of Jeep ADDICTION!!! I know one of the vendors on this site advertised a "bowless" top a while back. Look thru the Vendor section. Oh, like all addicts were seem nice at first...lol Seriously thought, you can't find a better bunch of people than Jeepers.:)

·
Registered
24 Posts
BesTop makes two that might work for you, the Trektop and Trektop NX (NX can also be a Safari Top if you remove the windows). I think Rampage also makes one. Look at the Quadrtec website, they have a pretty cool soft top advisor that will give you all the options available for you model and year Jeep.

Here's a link to the Rampage bowless top: http://www.quadratec.com/products/11119_1315_07.htm

Edit: It doesn't look like BesTop makes a bowless top for the YJ...

·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As usual, after I posted this, I did indeed come across some references to 'Bowless tops' The might just be my choice. It's a matter of replacing a single piece of my existing frame, or repairing it. I just had 'mind block' when I first examined the part, but as usual, it might be salvaged easy enough with a small pice of aluminum and a couple pop rivits.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i have the rampage top on my lj i love it because the windows store between two layers of the top in a special bag that velcros in

·
Registered
19 Posts
i have the rampage top on my lj i love it because the windows store between two layers of the top in a special bag that velcros in
Really? that's cool to know. Do you have any pics of the Rampage installed on your LJ? Been thinking about getting one for mine

·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Please do... interesting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts