All right guys, so I bought this Jeep and the dash lights don’t work like as in everything works except for the back lights (illumination). The HVAC lights are also out but everything functions as it should. The tail lights are also out, but the brake lights still function, turn signals etc. Here is what I know and have trouble shot so far.
1. I have check the dimmer switch to insure it is not turn way down.
2. I have check all fuses under the hood and behind the glove box with a 12v light and replaced all of them with new ones just to make sure.
3. I have replace the headlight switch with a new one.
4. checked to ensure ground located by drivers side speaker is clean and tight reads less then 5ohms.
5. I have cute Open the harness from headlight switch all the way to C210 to ensure no broken or nicked wires.
6. I have tested the fuse location at the fuse box and have power at fuse 10.
7. I have no power at fuse #12 (5amp fuse a the fuse box labeled Panel LPS I also have no power at fuse #1 20 amp fuse labeled Park LPS.
8. I checked the tan wire coming from the headlight switch and also have no 12v reading coming out with the light.
9. I have checked to ensure the ground pin is good on C1 and C2 dash instrument clusters are good.
10. I checked to make sure the board had no fried circuits on the instrument panel by removing the back plastic cover.
I am at a complete loss and need some one slot smarter the me to help
Me figure this out. I have no power at fuse and no power at switch what could cause this? Where should I check next? Thanks In advance.