Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
People ask my wife and I why we moved away from a large urban area out to the burbs. We REALLY didn't wanna, but here are two good examples of why we took our young daughters as far from there as possible.

From yesterday's local daily newspaper,

"An Elementary School teacher is facing fourth-degree assault charges stemming from a previous domestic situation.
Michelle Lynn, 38, was arrested Wednesday morning at Frayser Elementary, according to an arrest report.
County Public Schools officials intend to meet with Lynn about the situation, said Lauren Roberts, a schools spokeswoman.
On Friday, Lynn allegedly grabbed her 9-year-old daughter from outside the home of the child’s grandmother, whose son has custody of the child, according to an arrest warrant.
Lynn is accused of striking the grandmother twice in the face after the grandmother pulled Lynn off the child, according to the arrest warrant.
Lynn has a case in family court over drug abuse and neglect allegations, the arrest warrant said. Lynn had been ordered to have no contact with the child."

So this silly b**** is on probation and has been in and out of jail for dope charges and doesn't have custody of her own children because of anger,violence and drug problems.
but it's okay for her to teach 2nd grade.

From a local TV stations report today!!!
And yet another local teacher accused of boinking her students....this is like the 4th or 5th one in the last few years.

A former Kentucky school teacher has pleaded not guilty to having a sexual relationship with one of her students.
The newspaper reported Andrea Conners entered her plea Wednesday in Circuit Court.
Conners is 33 years old. She taught for eight years at a High School before resigning on May 3.
Her attorney, Rob Dziech, said the allegations involve a young man at Highlands.

Conners taught business and computer classes.
She is free on bond and the next hearing in the case is June 26

Where do they find these idiots? How do they manage to get through college and then get hired?

I watched an interview with a teacher last week, and she actually said "We love programs like this, egg-specially when they don't cost the parents nothin'."

I'm not taking a shot at all teachers by any means, but c'mon man...really?

Once again, I weep for the future.

·
Retired- Now I Golf
2,942 Posts
Its not isolated to your area, trust me. My son, the oldest was so bored in school when he started. He already knew grade 3 and 4 stuff, going into grade 1. I looked at the education model, and the next year sent him, and my other kids when they go to school age, to a private school. The kids there advance at their own pace. And were taught much more, and also had chances to do real world , hands on job stuff at age 12. All of their kids also go to private schools now. The teachers here are obscene what they do. I cannot begin to comprehend how these teachers get, much less keep their jobs.

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
It is amazing that you could be a teacher yet be in and out of jail and not be allowed to be around your own kids but be trusted with 30 that are not yours.

·
Premium Member
14,500 Posts
It is amazing that you could be a teacher yet be in and out of jail and not be allowed to be around your own kids but be trusted with 30 that are not yours.

That is a pretty amazing fact isn't it?

·
Retired- Now I Golf
2,942 Posts
I personally know a womman who is a teacher, and a BAD person. Forget her Drug use, and alcohol abuse, those are about the most minor of her offences. Yet she remains there and teaching. I screened our school hard before letting my kids attend there. They even drug tested their own employees, any failing got them instant termination. Same with any sort of criminal offense, even a minor thing and they were gone. Also the were trained much better, and taught a lot more, not just basics in one area, and then complex stuff that will never be used in another.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
One word: Unions.
In California a positive drug test is not grounds for termination. A criminal record does not stop you from teaching. Unions. It's really hard to fire a teacher here.
Like the guy that got caught putting his semen on cookies and feeding it to school kids. He was on video tape and they still couldn't fire him. He was given time off until the court prosecuted him. Even in prison he will still receive his pension.
What the hell is wrong here?
If a teacher molested one of my kids, I would be the one going to jail, not them.

·
Resident Grouch
52 Posts
As a teacher myself, I have often wondered these same thoughts. At the school I quit from, before moving back to SD, the teacher in the shop next to mine was so high that the kids were complaining and afraid to be alone with him. He even falsely accused me of "being in cahoots" against him with the school security. I was disciplined, he has not been even questioned. You see, I was openly critical of the administration, he was not. I started a race team, he made Christmas ornaments. Go Figure.

As far as the unions go, yes, they do shelter the guilty. It is an unfortunate by-product of the contract language that is there to protect the good teachers from unfair harassment, like what I went through. Another instance of a good idea getting off track.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Hey Moose I'm glad you are back. I still have my Slinky sitting on top of my computer.
But unions aren't really needed any more. There was a time when they were very necessary, but now we have so many laws that protect workers that a union is redundant. They are a political machine that looks out mostly for their own interests. I was a union member when I was a fire fighter and a sheriff. They seemed like a great thing at the time, but in retrospect I would have been fine without them. Just my opinion.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts