Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this forum but not a new Jeep owner. I have a tapping sound in my engine. It's driving me crazy! It's been doing it for a couple of weeks now. It had a oil change last month so I checked and oil and other fluid levels are good. The only thing different is I changed my air filter out a couple of weeks ago. One of the things I have read is that sometimes a different air filter can cause a tapping sound. Has anyone else heard or experienced that? I threw my old filter away so I can switch it back to see.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, I was just wondering if you were able to resolve the tapping sound? I am also hearing a tapping sound in my engine but I have not changed my air filter. I may have to check on my oil level...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am new to this forum but not a new Jeep owner. I have a tapping sound in my engine. It's driving me crazy! It's been doing it for a couple of weeks now. It had an oil change last month so I checked and oil and other fluid levels are good. The only thing different is I changed my air filter out a couple of weeks ago. One of the things I have read is that sometimes a different air filter can cause a tapping sound. Has anyone else heard or experienced that? I threw my old filter away so I can switch it back to see.
Is there any relationship with the oil viscosity that I used that might cause the tapping sound? Sorry for my ignorance. I had an oil change using 5w-30 and came to realize it is recommended to have 5w-20. I read an article about this oil here and I am not sure if 5w-30 was the cause of the tapping sound.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts