Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how much my gas mileage would be affected if I put 35's and a 2 1/2 in lift on my 2012 jeep.

·
HIGHWAY APPROVED MUSTANG
9,687 Posts
really boils down to what gears your are going to run,,,,, overall you should loose 2-3 mpg

·
HIGHWAY APPROVED MUSTANG
9,687 Posts
what ratio are they,, 3.21 will hurt in a bad way,,, 3.73, will be just this side of ok,, 4.10 not to bad.... im making the jump to 5.13 with 37's in the very near future. im hoping to get 14 mpg this gear chart should help you.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the new 3.6 liter so that chart don't help much. But thanks anyways. I'm sure it's close enough. But I have a wrangler sport s and I haven't really looked into what gears I have. I'm probably just gonna go with 33's just because I don't don't need any bigger and I still wanna go on road trips to Florida and stuff

·
HIGHWAY APPROVED MUSTANG
9,687 Posts
yeah the 12 is totally different transmission ,,, i'll try and find a gear chart,, just for future reference

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright that'd be awesome because I can't find crap. What I'm wanting is the looks but at the same time don't wanna hurt to much of the gas milage. So I can't decide between 33's or 35's.

·
HIGHWAY APPROVED MUSTANG
9,687 Posts
heres a 2012 gearing chart,, reguardless you will still loose 2-3 MPG with 35's

·
Registered
9,160 Posts
Tire size in left column.

Differential gears across the top.

Numbers in the columns is your engine rpm at 70mph.

·
Registered
9,160 Posts
The way I understand it, you want to stay in the upper green or lower blue area for all around usability.

Somebody please correct me if I got that wrong.

·
HIGHWAY APPROVED MUSTANG
9,687 Posts
The way I understand it, you want to stay in the upper green or lower blue area for all around usability.

Somebody please correct me if I got that wrong.
you want to be in the green,,, the blue and you'll be turning to many rps,,, think about a 5 hour trip at 2600 rpm,, ugh.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think I've made my mind up. I'm gonna put a 3 1/4 inch lift on made by rough country and I'm just gonna go with 33 inch tires with maybe a 18 inch wheel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have 2012 2DR Rubicon with 3.5" OME HD lift and 35's (315/75-16) and I'm getting about 18-18.5 MPG after head replacement due to "the Tick". I run about 2250 RPM's at 70 mph with 6-speed manual. I have speedo correction with ProCal and very accurate based on GPS.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
vulcanclassic said:
I have 2012 2DR Rubicon with 3.5" OME HD lift and 35's (315/75-16) and I'm getting about 18-18.5 MPG after head replacement due to "the Tick". I run about 2250 RPM's at 70 mph with 6-speed manual. I have speedo correction with ProCal and very accurate based on GPS.
Does the warranty cover the head replacement? Because mine ticks too. I knew they had that problem but I'm just curious if it covers it

·
3 Posts
Vulcanclassic. I have a similar set up. Rubi 2013, 35s, 3.5 inch RE lift but I wish I was posting the gas milage you have here. I'm getting closer to 14mpg hwy. This is my second Wrangler but I'm new to making mods and consider myself a newbie. Is there anything I can that I can do to improve this or check it out? Also where can I find that procal speedo correction?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts