Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is most likely no other 2000 TJ like this out there!

Fully customized 2000 Jeep TJ Sahara Edition soft top with 21,000 original miles with 7 inches of rear lift & 8.5 inches of front lift ROLLING ON 37's!!

Automatic, tilt, A/C, rear wiper/washer provisions if a hardtop is installed, fog lights.

This Jeep has had a full body off custom restoration as crazy as that seems for a 19,854 (at the time of tear down) mile vehicle and was taken down completely to the bare frame and then everything was sandblasted and then painted with the "Eastwood Companies" rust encapsulating paint and then the frame, front & rear ends were painted in a sand color that matched the Sahara decal and all of the suspension components were done in body color green, everything was painted with PPG base coat/clear coat.

We also sandblasted the entire underside and sprayed that with 3 coats of rust encapsulating paint followed by a light bed-liner spray, we also sprayed the rust encapsulating paint all under the hood & firewall.

The engine, transmission & transfer case were all pressure washed and painted with rust encapsulating paint and the valve cover and pulleys were painted the sand color with Base coat clear coat. A new oil pan & gasket were also installed as it was scaly and I did not like the looks once cleaned up. The transmission now has a drain plug also.

The gears were never swapped to compensate for tire size as I was not building this for the rocks, mud or off road and it goes down the road real nice, it would help out the power if they were changed but I have no plans on doing it.

The body obviously had no rust but was still repainted the factory green with PPG base coat/clear coat, the mirror mounts, tailgate hinges, door hinges and wiper arms and vent shades were also painted body color. The body was color sanded & buffed after paint.

Every nut and bolt was either sandblasted and painted or replaced with new, some in stainless.

Complete 6 inch Rough Country long arm system http://roughcountry.com/jeep_tj_6xla.html

1.5 inch front coil spacers

1.25 billet wheel spacers

Rough Country dual steering stabilizer kit (only one is being used right now so it doesn't steer too hard however both are included)

http://roughcountry.com/jeep-dual-steering-stabilizer_87308.html

"Tom Wood's" rear driveshaft

Rough Country slip-yoke eliminator kit

Novak Conversions cable operated transfer case shifter

http://www.novak-adapt.com/catalog/shifters/sk2xc.htm

17X9 Eagle Alloy wheels

37X12.5X17 BFG Mud Terrain KO's these were purchased used but are in great shape, one has a small spot where the previous owner scraped it on a rock

New front brake pads, rotors & calipers

Stainless braided lines F&R

All new u-joints in front shaft as well as the front end axle shafts before paint

All new brake lines from proportioning valve to the new wheel cylinders & calipers

Calipers & rotors are painted with green caliper paint

Bank's torque tube header

Flowmaster 2.5 inch inlet with dual 2.5 inch outlet muffler with dual exhaust out the rear on each side by the bumper corners, it sounds incredible! Very deep sounding, people think it's a small block V8 when I start it.

Rugged Ridge cold air intake kit with a throttle body spacer

185 degree thermostat

New battery

Smittybuilt side guards and front & rear bumpers

Polyurethane body mounts that add one inch over stock:

http://roughcountry.com/jeep-tj-body-lift-kit_rc607.html

Smoked front directional & corner lenses

Diamond front halo ring headlights with super white bulbs

Upgraded Pro-Comp front off-road lights in front bumper

Rugged Ridge headlight bezels & grill accents in black

Window vent shades painted body color

Eclipse stereo with Ipod/MP3 hookup and Diamond Audio speakers in the dash and overhead sound bar

I was going to install a programmer both for power and to correct the speedometer however have not done that yet as I have not found one I'm happy with buying.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me, I hope the links above all work.

AGAIN there is most likely no other 2000 TJ like this out there!

Asking $18,500 or Best RESONABLE cash offer.

Please contact through here or you can e-mail or call:

[email protected]

8zero2-22six-7one7six or 8zero2-5four8-8four7one

This TJ is being offered for sale or trade + cash locally.
I would trade straight up for a decent mini excavator or I may consider a trade + cash to me for a nice fuel saver daily driver VW GTI, Jetta or similar that has been built a little or something I can sell for cash.

I also have 4-Sale a 1992 2 door 2 wheel drive Chevy Tahoe with a 555 C.I. Big Block with 675 H.P. / 650 FT. pounds of tourqe that has made several runs in the High 11's without the brake and after only 2 test runs has made a best run with the trans brake of 11.2 @ 127MPH! that was leaving the line @ 2900 RPM, this is an easy mid/low 10 second street car that is a blast to drive.

E-mail me for info on either vehicle.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,500 Posts
What rear end are you running with the 37's? Dana 35 or 44?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
??

Just to clarify...

Yes it has the smaller axles. :eek: :eek:

It does not lean/squat to the pass. side it is the way it is parked.

This entire TJ was just built with the actual original mileage still under 21,000 miles and has under 1000 miles since the build was done..

It has the entire 6 inch Rough Country kit + the 1 inch plus body bushing set and a 1.5 coil spacer in the front.

It goes down the road great and will NEVER see the woods, mud or rocks as long as I own it. I would not spend the time or money to go beat on it.

This is NOT a daily driver for me, I have 3 work trucks, 1 personal truck and another toy that is a 1992 Chevy 2wd 2dr Tahoe which has a 555 BBC with 675 hp and it runs low 11's @ 127 and this was after only 2 runs with a trans brake.

Speed bumps at the mall?? as one member stated? what do you drive? post some pictures of something you have built!

We are doing a body off Y/J w/4 inch and 33's with a 4 banger and YES IT HAS the small axles also. ;) And this is for my buddy's wife to use as a summertime DD and weekend trail use with friends.

We don't build junk, I joined this site to view other rides & get info on other members builds.
My shop builds many kinds of rides as well as keeping my DD customers cars going with routine service.

I don't buy my rigs I build them and I value the time and money I spend doing it and build/treat them appropriately.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Speed bumps at the mall?? as one member stated? what do you drive? post some pictures of something you have built!

Everything homebuilt, to crawl the speedbumps at the desert mall. home built Jeep, everything built from scratch, no store bought suspension, armor,cage, steering or much else.

Doing what it does best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GLk_6K1ntM&feature=youtu.be

Built thread

http://www.wranglerboard.com/f6/tinkertoy-234/

Not to be an ass, but you asked. So here is my desert mall crawler, home built all the way

·
select member
134 Posts
I guess the point about the small axle is you built it for off road. Why invest all the money and not put in a stronger axle. I run the 35 myself but I don't off road hard and there is no where I drive where I would need to do the upgrade.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hmm

Forgot about this thread that I started to sell my mall cruiser :p !! :)
I think all the crawlers and mud rigs that are out there are great and and I have MANY friends with them that just shook there head at me when I built this one.. When I was younger I did that stuff however I don't anymore, I like to have builds that stay on the pavement and people enjoy to look at them...
I sold this Jeep TJ to a Mass. police officer back in the Spring for $17,500 he loves it and never intended to buy it to mud or rock crawl with, he has had the Jeep TJ at several shows and has gotten several trophies it is a SWEET ride and would be more than capable if needed however that was not why I built a Jeep with such low miles to be so nice.
Thanks for all the replies.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Forgot about this thread that I started to sell my mall cruiser :p !! :)
I think all the crawlers and mud rigs that are out there are great and and I have MANY friends with them that just shook there head at me when I built this one.. When I was younger I did that stuff however I don't anymore, I like to have builds that stay on the pavement and people enjoy to look at them...
I sold this Jeep TJ to a Mass. police officer back in the Spring for $17,500 he loves it and never intended to buy it to mud or rock crawl with, he has had the Jeep TJ at several shows and has gotten several trophies it is a SWEET ride and would be more than capable if needed however that was not why I built a Jeep with such low miles to be so nice.
Thanks for all the replies.
OH Yeah looking for a nice 1967, 68, 69 Firebird to put my 675hp 555 BBC turbo 400 combo into anyone???

1 - 15 of 15 Posts