Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know a source or the Mopar Part Number for the 3 wire harness that is near the vacuum control on the ac/blower switch assembly in the dash

The 5 way for the fan switch is ok, the 3 wire is melted

jeepair.com is on back order

here is mine

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
If ya do a search on some dealership websites you can usually find a drawing with part numbers. I haven't needed to do it for a few years and the last website I used to use doesn't exist anymore but I have found others. Maybe try jeeperman? It's a pain in the a$$ to find a good site though. If you do please post a link and I'll sticky it!

·
Retired- Now I Golf
2,942 Posts
Seadog, good thinking, totally skipped my mind. I hope you found the cause of it to. I am no electrician, but I do know a few, and they told me flat out, if something like that ever happens, do not repair the damage until you find the reason. It will happen again, and the next time you may not get off so easy without the huge fire.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
According to Jeepair.com the TJ suffers these common issues.

When the blower motor starts going bad it draws 22 amps. A new one barely draws 15 amps.

They recommend checking the harness after you replace a motor or fan speed switch.

The 5 wire harness was ok on mine but the three wire is melted.

·
Resident Grouch
52 Posts
According to Jeepair.com the TJ suffers these common issues.

When the blower motor starts going bad it draws 22 amps. A new one barely draws 15 amps.

They recommend checking the harness after you replace a motor or fan speed switch.

The 5 wire harness was ok on mine but the three wire is melted.
It is not that unusual on TJs. The connector is often a loose fit from the factory which causes high resistance in the plug which leads to high heat and voila, it melts. Mine has been that way for several years. When the fan stops, I just open the glove box and twist it a bit and we're good to go again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts