Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
jeep-o-holic
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im selling this little jeep as i saved it from an almost certain death about a month ago.

230k miles ( new head gasket )
auto trans ( rebuilt )
california emissions compliant model
new power steering pump, rad hoses, water pump
good brakes
never off-roaded
early 99 build ( has better head )
Black exterior tan and green interior
dual top model, black hard top and black soft top w/ clear windows
stock gambler wheels with all season 30 x 9.5 x 15s w/ about 10k miles on them
Clean ( undercoated all its life), Solid ( little rust if only on fender and bumper) Shiny paint
everything works, runs and drives well
very few dents, couple scratches.
kenwood cd player/sirius ready with factory sound bar (kenwood speakers installed)
lots of service records
comes with both tops or choice
full doors, very clean interior
brand new dynomax cat back exhaust
no check engine lights, valid NJ inspection until 11/2012
drive side fender dented and flare a little crinkled

as it sits it needs nothing

i have build sheet for it, lots of life left in it. looks nearly as nice as my 06 if it were only stick id keep it. clean NJ title in hand.

book value with options and mileage is between $6000-$6800 in good shape

asking 5800$ or best offer

201-873-three 140
Tom

Attachments

·
select member
134 Posts
I would love to get out of my rusty 98 and into this 99. Nice looking jeep!

·
jeep-o-holic
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes its in nice shape, just wish ppl would do their research and realize that a solid wrangler with a motor thats maintained and overall has a history of going 300k miles without a rebuild for this price is a good deal.

·
jeep-o-holic
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
couple calls, couple low balls, couple tire-kickers, couple of no-shows. Memorial Day Sale!

5600$ and i'll deliver it within 100 miles of 07026

·
select member
134 Posts
Man you're making me cry! If you were in my area that thing would have been gone before you could finish the posting.

·
jeep-o-holic
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
yea well everyone around me thinks im a moron and that an offer of 3k or 4k is gonna make me jump. the jeep isnt perfect, but not a pile of crap. right now for the price its a solid deal id think. someone in AR made an offer on it then went to a dealer down by him and they told him the most he should probly pay is around 4k for something in same condition. around me 4k doesnt even get you a TJ unless its pretty whooped and rusty and salvage title. maybe in AR a 99 is selling for 4k, if thats the case i'd buy them all day and truck um up here cause they are a lot cleaner down there, not a rust belt vehicle like most in NJ,NY, CT, MA, PA and OH. 99s around here from 7k-10k in varying conditions. Just frustrating. took top off today and pulled soft top out and put it up

Attachments

·
Registered
331 Posts
Where in NJ is it?

·
jeep-o-holic
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wow i really cant believe what ppl think is a fair offer for a 99 wrangler that needs nothing and isnt rotted, rusted or wrecked. they all must be blind or havent looked around much

·
jeep-o-holic
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
if somebody would come get it this weekend or next week and send me a small deposit, i would like it go for 4800$ bottom line just to not have to deal with anymore tire kickers

·
jeep-o-holic
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well even a price tag of 4800$ come steal this for father's day didnt work locally, guess im gonna be sitting on it til that 1st snow cause im sticking to the 5400$ on CL an 5600$ on the window or best offer. you guys know where my bottomline is

·
jeep-o-holic
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
wow it amazes me how i went from having ppl calling to now nothing. looks like il be driving it for the summer and selling it in the winter or as i go along

·
Registered
3 Posts
do you have any interest in doing a jeep swap? I have a YJ '95 with 154K, 5 speed manual with rebuilt clutch (done in Jan.), new exhaust, battery, hoses, ect. body in good shape no rust, have 3 tops for it. I need to get an automatic so my wife can drive a Jeep too. (other wise I'd keep it) Have pics on request. 973-four 89-five 649

1 - 20 of 24 Posts