1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
What the heck?! No pictures?

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Nice. Now open the hood and snap a photo. I like the wheels. The black and white combo looks great.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Nice job on the motor swap. Genright makes some good stuff.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
I am. And easy too. lol

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
The V8 might not have a big HP increase over the 4.0, but one thing it does have is WAY more torque. The torque is what is going to do you. HP numbers don't mean jack without torque ratings. Be INCREDIBLY careful with that rear axle, the slightest of improper foot use and you're out a rear end, and $200 to have the thing towed home.

Food for thought... ;)

Clean Jeep though.

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
I am curious of two things.

First what are you puting in a D35 that will make it as strong as a D44?

Second, wouldn't it be cheaper and easier to just install a D44?

·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well I do fear that both of you are right but in my long term goal is rock jock Dana 60's and a four link so in my mind (a dark and lonely place) it would save me from having to do allot of changing to the drive train and steering just one big switch at the end I'm hoping my saving grace is that right now I'm only running 33's

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Whatever you do, don't get a dodge Dana 60 axle. That is what I have and it has been a headache since day one. Nobady makes anything for them and it is hard to build stuff that works.

·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah I was given a full floater Dana 60 rear end out of a ford van but its eight lug and really wide and it was going to be a pain in the ass may look into it for later but not for me now

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.