stumbles w/ ocasional backfire and hard starting - Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Jeep Wrangler OEM Forum

WranglerBoard.com is the premier Jeep Wrangler Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2017, 12:41 AM   #1
timw
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Join Date Jun 2017
Default stumbles w/ ocasional backfire and hard starting

1st time posting and hope some one can help.
95 YJ- 4.0- automatic. every couple of months, in the past year it will stumble while driving the interstate- 2500- 2800 rpm's, never quit running.
2 weeks ago it stumbled, backfired and died. did the usual checks- found no spark, replaced the coil and wire, started right away- great. until last week drove about 2 miles and it stumbled, but not die until I stop at a stop light. it took 5-10 mins then it started. changed the CKS, no change. tonight I was testing the TPS, CPS and found 2 out of the 3 wires on the pigtail coming from the ICM, PCM- had 5- 7 volts, pigtails are unplugged from the sensors. at a glance the wiring looks intact- no abrasion, solid connections at the ICM. I am the original owner. With power on 2 of the 3 wires- bad PCM-ICM? it idles and runs fine except when the above happens. any ideas- thanks

Last edited by timw; 06-06-2017 at 12:56 AM. Reason: spelling
timw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement