TruckLites VS HIDprojector.com Headlights - Page 2 - Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Wrangler Discussions > Lighting

WranglerBoard.com is the premier Jeep Wrangler Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2014, 01:24 PM   #11
InvertChaos
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Join Date Mar 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApocalypticSurf6 View Post
I personally like the Truck-lights over the JW's, better beam pattern and looks. I will hopefully make this a little easier for you, my father runs one of the largest trucking companies in the state here, the owner is a bit eccentric and has never understood the term chrome dont get ya home. Everyone of his trucks is tricked out in chrome, stacks, bumpers, custom interiors and more lights then you see on a hess truck. He has one truck with over 300 individual lights on it. All of his trucks have HID's and they need to replace the systems on a regular basis. My father has HID's in his F250 work truck in both his headlights and fog lights. Every night when he turns on his lights he needs to get out of the truck and walk to the front to make sure they all are on, sometimes needing to turn them off and on a couple times to get them all to fire. And yes they are installed properly. I used to have the do the same thing. I cant tell you how wonderful it is that when I turn my lights on, I know they are on. If you really want HID's go ahead, but I would highly recommend you dont sell your trucklites. Saw your ad on wranglerforum. Your going to kick yourself in the head a year from now when you want to switch back and need to buy a new set. Trucklites are engineered to provide the maximum lumens that DOT legally allows from one set of lights driving on the road, what exactly are you trying to prove?
Sounds like your buddy has been buying from DDM Tuning or the like. The HID bulbs should last for ~10 years in theory. If they're not firing reliably, that's the sign of a cheap ballast. No matter the application, if you buy poor quality, you'll pay for it in the end.
InvertChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement