Mini-write up: HID's in KC Daylighters - Page 2 - Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Wrangler Discussions > Lighting

WranglerBoard.com is the premier Jeep Wrangler Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2013, 04:53 AM   #11
The_Toolman
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Join Date Jan 2012

Hey Xpress,

DDM must have updated their site a bit. The link takes you to the site but it says the item could not be found. I used a little common sense & found the kit, but I'm not sure which bolb type will actually fit in the KC Daylighter housing. I have a set that I plan to do the upgrade on myself very soon, but am unsure which bulb type/style to use. I know I plan to go with the 55W bulbs & 5000K as far as color/lumens though. If I read right above, you mentioned the H3 type, but wanted to make sure.

Thanks!

Edit: Found where you mentioned using the H3 style in your other thread as well, but thought I would still double check & make sure
94 Jeep YJ Wrangler SE / 4.0L I-6 Engine with BUILT AX-15 Manual Transmission -- D30 Front / D35 Rear with Nitro 4.10 Gears, Detroit Locker, & Crown Chromoly Shafts (Still just a polished turd) -- 4" Suspension Lift Kit with American Racing BAHA Rims & 35" x 12.50" Mickey Thompson BAHA MTZ's

--- Sold the Jeep in 2014

Running a full tube caged rock buggy now

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.lonewolf4x4.com
The_Toolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2013, 02:29 AM   #12
Xpress
It's hip to be square.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Join Date Nov 2011

Yes, KC lamps use H3 bulbs. It's not precisely a drop in fit, it takes a little shimmying and bending of the retainer clip to get everything in place and centered, only takes a few minutes though.

Some updating is required:

The slim ballast and igniter will fit inside of the stamped out shell with the Daylighters. This will prevent you from cutting any of the high power wires, and keeps everything neat and tidy. Be sure to fit the ballast and igniter inside of the shell then glue them in place with some caulking or a similar glue. Something that does not form a brittle bond (super glue would fit under the brittle glues category, whereas caulking or epoxy glues are not brittle glues).

When I get a chance and some spare funds I will demonstrate just how to do this.
Advertisement