Lets see your lighting setups!! - Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Wrangler Discussions > Lighting

WranglerBoard.com is the premier Jeep Wrangler Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2011, 06:06 PM   #1
Xpress
It's hip to be square.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Join Date Nov 2011
Default Lets see your lighting setups!!

Lets see what you've got on your rig, post the specs.

Sylvania 55w headlights and a KC Daylighters Spotlight package. The headlights are just okay for city driving.

Soon everything will be fitted with HID's, HI/LOW lights in DDM tuning housings for the headlights and 55w in the spots.

Last edited by Xpress; 12-01-2011 at 06:32 PM.
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2011, 08:54 PM   #2
Mumblewood
Pimp of the Woods

Join Date Nov 2011

Lights are fun, I jeep alot at night

Mumblewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:37 AM   #3
CT99XJ

Join Date Nov 2011

Pretty simple setup on my shoebox

All are 55w Hella 500's with Silverstar H3 bulbs. Silverstar stock headlights as well with a high beam override.
CT99XJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-02-2011, 01:36 AM   #4
Otahyoni
The Amish Wolfman

Join Date Nov 2011

Xpress, before you upgrade your lights to HID, give these articles a read. http://www.danielsternlighting.com/t...s/Hid/HID.html

Mumble, was that the best way to show us your rock lights?

This is all the aftermarket lighting i have for the moment...

Flood beam tractor lights (for reverse) and Silverstar headlights.

Plans include a roof bar with side and rear lights and lights on the front bumper...
Click image for larger version

Name:	11302011102[1].jpg
Views:	1292
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	79  
Otahyoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 04:20 AM   #5
RikRotorhead
Internet Owner

Join Date Nov 2011

Hella 550's on the bumper and HF spots on the windshield, HID headlights and a mag light in the console.
You only need to see about 100 feet in front of you, actually less in a Jeep because you are going so slow usually. You just need to flood the area in front of you and some rock lights are handy too.
A go-fast Baja racer needs to see about 500 feet or more because they cover that distance in mere seconds.
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(4).jpg
Views:	1208
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	82   Click image for larger version

Name:	Phone pics 11-1-11 257 (Medium).jpg
Views:	1205
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	87  

Last edited by RikRotorhead; 12-02-2011 at 05:58 PM.
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 04:23 AM   #6
RikRotorhead
Internet Owner

Join Date Nov 2011

Cool pic right here....

Old 12-02-2011, 04:25 AM   #7
RikRotorhead
Internet Owner

Join Date Nov 2011

You didn't have to go to this much trouble just to show us your rock lights but thanks..... lol

Old 12-02-2011, 07:39 AM   #8
Xpress
It's hip to be square.

Join Date Nov 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otahyoni View Post
Xpress, before you upgrade your lights to HID, give these articles a read. http://www.danielsternlighting.com/t...s/Hid/HID.html
Little to no credible sources to back up the article writers statements. Sure, some bits he may be correct in, but I am not in the market for buying into what has been read on the internet. I am in the market for using equipment that has been tested in actuality.

Simple fact: HID lamps are MUCH brighter than halogen lamps, and require the proper setup to emit the best lighting. Improper setups flood light in areas where it doesn't need to be sent. Almost ALL of HID headlight users use the wrong bulb type, and that's a flood style bulb meant to be used in spotlights or flood lights, not headlights. Thus why the light is flooded away from the direction it needs to be sent, into oncoming drivers eyes. The headlights I am buying will have hi/low beams and will be used in housings designed for higher intensity lighting. Stock headlight lenses that use a single hi/low halogen bulb don't work well for flood HID bulbs. However lights that use a separate hi beam lamp do significantly better.

Also, regarding safety issues, I have yet to come across something worth mentioning about HID's being unsafe. I don't buy into overly expensive equipment, I buy into reasonably priced equipment with a MASSIVE backing- DDM Tuning lights have this.

Last edited by Xpress; 12-02-2011 at 07:44 AM.
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:49 PM   #9
Otahyoni
The Amish Wolfman

Join Date Nov 2011

It just made me think because i put some of those conversion bulbs in my old nissan, and even after i readjusted the hot spot down and away from oncoming traffic, I was getting high beams flashed all the time.

The are so much brighter though, and i really wanted to get some adapter bulbs for my diesel.

I'm gonna have to check out the company you recommend...
Otahyoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 05:14 PM   #10
87YJBill

Join Date Dec 2011
Default Hid conversions

I have converted all my vehicles to HID. all work extreemly well. the kits are not that expensive (about 80- 120 ) depending on bulb configuation.
I read the article, however I noticed it was also written in 2002, HID kits have come a LOOONG way since then, I have had my HID kit in my Jetta for almost 5 years now and they are on all the time and have never lost a bulb yet, My suppliers kits are DOT approved, and are all "plug and play".
I only have HID's on my jeep and have LOTS of light. well worth the investment and you can see everything..
www.hidsource.com
check it out.
87YJBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement