23,000 lumens...about to provide light to the world! :D - Page 2 - Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Wrangler Discussions > Lighting

WranglerBoard.com is the premier Jeep Wrangler Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2013, 06:26 PM   #11
TXROCK
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Join Date Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
If you put a rubber seal on the front and had it against the windshield no light would escape to glare back.
I'm wondering about the heat tho'. LED's get warm at that intensity.

Thanks for the link. I sent him a friend request on FB.
Very true...this light bar has the cooling fins on the back for being windshield mounted. Guess you could always attach micro fans on the back!

GenRight Armor, RIPP Supercharger, RK suspension, MT Classic Locks, Pro Comp MT2s, sPOD, Alien 50" and 20" light bars, VisionX Rock lights, ProLink, Smittybuilt winch, JeepSwag OBA and hood/door struts, SpiderWebShade, Teraflex 3rd row seat kit
TXROCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2013, 06:06 AM   #12
TXROCK

Join Date Sep 2012

My 50" LED light bar is in and waiting on the GenRight light bar mount to arrive to install it! Chad Mandry who is a buddy and fellow Texan who hooked me up!

Here is a 40" LED light bar that my neighbor put on his jeep as well using the Rigid Industries mount:

And the 40" lighting up the garage in the day time with the garage door open!

GenRight Armor, RIPP Supercharger, RK suspension, MT Classic Locks, Pro Comp MT2s, sPOD, Alien 50" and 20" light bars, VisionX Rock lights, ProLink, Smittybuilt winch, JeepSwag OBA and hood/door struts, SpiderWebShade, Teraflex 3rd row seat kit

Last edited by TXROCK; 02-23-2013 at 06:08 AM.
Old 03-02-2013, 01:10 AM   #13
TXROCK

Join Date Sep 2012

Here are the pictures to begin the install:

Yes, I look a little out of it...just finished 36 hours of traveling to get home! HAHA

Old 03-02-2013, 02:13 AM   #14
TXROCK

Join Date Sep 2012

Old 03-02-2013, 09:09 AM   #15
TXROCK

Join Date Sep 2012

That's next now that the bar mount is in place....then time to put up the lights!

Only thing left is to drill 2 mounting holes and then wire it up to the sPOD. Was going to flush mount the bar onto the cross bar but the casing to the light is a different setup so I had to use the side mounting arms to mount to the cross bar.

Old 03-02-2013, 09:09 AM   #16
TXROCK

Join Date Sep 2012

And the final lighting ceremony!!!!

Old 03-02-2013, 09:10 AM   #17
TXROCK

Join Date Sep 2012

Completely done with the install with my wife making faces in the windshield! HAHA Took the hood mounted light bar off....Lisa claimed it for her Jeep once we get back to the mainland and packed it away to make sure nothing happens to it!

If you look in the center, that is me about about 200m away going out to get a "look back picture" from the last point my cell camera could take from the jeep to show what it looks like from there and here.

At 200m looking back at the jeep....funny part is that I could still see great farther back about double the distance. This thing is BRIGHTTTT!! Even at 200m it's testy on the eyes....and this is actually turning down the brightness on the phone to the bottom! :laughing:

Old 03-02-2013, 12:56 PM   #18
08Rescue
Lazy Slacker

Join Date May 2012

Looks great man! That's will help out a bit on the trails.
1999 Wrangler Sport (sold)

Ken
08Rescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:16 AM   #19
TXROCK

Join Date Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Rescue View Post
Looks great man! That's will help out a bit on the trails.
absolutely! Here is a daytime picture without lights on:

Old 03-05-2013, 09:01 AM   #20
TXROCK

Join Date Sep 2012

some more pictures on the light this puts out!

This is the field in front of my house that leads to the next road and hill which separates from the golf course before the light bar:

This is after the light bar!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement