23,000 lumens...about to provide light to the world! :D - Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Wrangler Discussions > Lighting

WranglerBoard.com is the premier Jeep Wrangler Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2013, 03:30 PM   #1
TXROCK
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Join Date Sep 2012
Default 23,000 lumens...about to provide light to the world! :D

My wife gave me the green light to order a 50" light bar and GenRight light bar mount! 23,000 lumens should help me make daytime of out of the dark! LOL Here's some preview pictures of the light bar on another Jeep back home and the GenRight light bar mount I ordered:

GenRight Armor, RIPP Supercharger, RK suspension, MT Classic Locks, Pro Comp MT2s, sPOD, Alien 50" and 20" light bars, VisionX Rock lights, ProLink, Smittybuilt winch, JeepSwag OBA and hood/door struts, SpiderWebShade, Teraflex 3rd row seat kit
TXROCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2013, 03:39 PM   #2
RikRotorhead
Internet Owner

Join Date Nov 2011

That's a lot of light! I saw a demo of that light at the Off Road Show in Pomona.
Congratulations.
My life is just a bunch of "It seemed like a good idea at the time" strung together. But you can't expect to be old and wise if you were never young and crazy. Acquire confidence in your life. Have no regrets. Rik.
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:39 PM   #3
Xpress
It's hip to be square.

Join Date Nov 2011

Which light bar is that?

Reason I asks is because the only light bar I know is actually rated to those specs is the Baja Design OnX 51"...

In any matter, a 50" light bar is going to put out a lot of light

Old 02-05-2013, 05:35 PM   #4
Mumblewood
Pimp of the Woods

Join Date Nov 2011

Cool light, I would like to get one but the mount your using wouldent last long on some of the trails I run up here, both sides of my windshild frame are bashed in pretty good. Id have to build one off the cage.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:44 PM   #5
RikRotorhead
Internet Owner

Join Date Nov 2011

OK here's a bazillion dollar idea....
Make the same light but a bit shorter in length, put a rubber seal on the front of it, and mount it inside the windshield above the rear view mirror. Like the police lights in unmarked cruisers.
No brainer. Less chance of theft, out of sight out of mind, won't get ripped off by a low branch, keeps the beautiful sleek lines of the Jeep looking like the brick on steroids that it is, and stealthy.
Don't forget my royalties.
My life is just a bunch of "It seemed like a good idea at the time" strung together. But you can't expect to be old and wise if you were never young and crazy. Acquire confidence in your life. Have no regrets. Rik.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:47 PM   #6
TXROCK

Join Date Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress View Post
Which light bar is that?

Reason I asks is because the only light bar I know is actually rated to those specs is the Baja Design OnX 51"...

In any matter, a 50" light bar is going to put out a lot of light

I will have to get the name of the one on the black jeep...I am buying it from a friend who is importing lights and this is one of them! For the price I couldn't pass it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumblewood View Post
Cool light, I would like to get one but the mount your using wouldent last long on some of the trails I run up here, both sides of my windshild frame are bashed in pretty good. Id have to build one off the cage.

Rigid Industries also has a light mount that is pretty solid. I am going with this one because the side arms are steel with adjustable arms to change the lighting angles if needed. It also has the horizontal support bar for the light as opposed to just the side anchors.

GenRight Armor, RIPP Supercharger, RK suspension, MT Classic Locks, Pro Comp MT2s, sPOD, Alien 50" and 20" light bars, VisionX Rock lights, ProLink, Smittybuilt winch, JeepSwag OBA and hood/door struts, SpiderWebShade, Teraflex 3rd row seat kit
Old 02-05-2013, 05:49 PM   #7
RikRotorhead
Internet Owner

Join Date Nov 2011

So what WAS the price?
Old 02-05-2013, 05:50 PM   #8
TXROCK

Join Date Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
OK here's a bazillion dollar idea....
Make the same light but a bit shorter in length, put a rubber seal on the front of it, and mount it inside the windshield above the rear view mirror. Like the police lights in unmarked cruisers.
No brainer. Less chance of theft, out of sight out of mind, won't get ripped off by a low branch, keeps the beautiful sleek lines of the Jeep looking like the brick on steroids that it is, and stealthy.
Don't forget my royalties.

Only issue is potential glare back on the driver from the windshield. There is a 30" and 40 inch that could be done that way and also a great idea for anyone interested!

Old 02-05-2013, 05:51 PM   #9
TXROCK

Join Date Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
So what WAS the price?

$520 shipped! Sent you his contact information!

It's pretty stout and the light is rebuildable....rubber seal instead of glued and the light pods can be swapped out if they burn out!

Last edited by TXROCK; 02-05-2013 at 05:54 PM.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:09 PM   #10
RikRotorhead
Internet Owner

Join Date Nov 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXROCK View Post
Only issue is potential glare back on the driver from the windshield. There is a 30" and 40 inch that could be done that way and also a great idea for anyone interested!
If you put a rubber seal on the front and had it against the windshield no light would escape to glare back.
I'm wondering about the heat tho'. LED's get warm at that intensity.

Thanks for the link. I sent him a friend request on FB.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement