1998 to 2005 TJ hardtop install - Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Advanced TJ Jeep Wrangler Forum

WranglerBoard.com is the premier Jeep Wrangler Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2017, 02:01 AM   #1
boominup
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Join Date Aug 2017
Default 1998 to 2005 TJ hardtop install

Hi, new here and new with Jeeps. I just purchased a mint hardtop off a 1998 TJ and installed it onto my 2005. Come to find out the rear wiring harness for the wipers, heated glass and the tube for the window washer were missing. The PO told me that his dog had chewed it up and they can easily be purchased online. Then I found out that the plugs to the wiper are different for the 2 different years. Could anyone here enlighten me on this problem? Plus I can't locate any of those harnesses anywhere. Any help will be appreciated! THANX!
boominup is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2017, 04:16 PM   #2
havasu

Join Date Nov 2011

The harness to connect the body to the top in on the extreme rear left side of the bed. What is missing? Harness for the top or the harness for the jeep?
havasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 12:52 AM   #3
boominup

Join Date Aug 2017

I need the short harness that goes between the main harness somewhere near the rear wheel well to to the wiper assy. But a fellow jeeper here in town said that a 2005 harness is different to the 1998 wiper motor plug. The previous owner told me that their dog chewed the harness up. I'd like to find a 05 harness and make it work somehow.
boominup is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement