Dream act? - Page 2 - Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Forum > Politics, Religion & Controversy

WranglerBoard.com is the premier Jeep Wrangler Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2012, 02:31 AM   #11
Chris
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Join Date Nov 2011

She is a totally different case and has very little to do with the dream act. She was obviously dropped off at an orphanage in some country which is probably where she is legal. I wouldn't have a kid in Germany then fly to Mexico to drop my kind off. The orphanage also should have taken care of her paperwork.

She is more of a kidnapping case then anything else.

Garage Retreat
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2012, 05:03 AM   #12
RikRotorhead
Internet Owner

Join Date Nov 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
She is a totally different case and has very little to do with the dream act. She was obviously dropped off at an orphanage in some country which is probably where she is legal. I wouldn't have a kid in Germany then fly to Mexico to drop my kind off. The orphanage also should have taken care of her paperwork.

She is more of a kidnapping case then anything else.
Agreed, but she falls into the Dream Act guidelines. So what would you have her do?
My life is just a bunch of "It seemed like a good idea at the time" strung together. But you can't expect to be old and wise if you were never young and crazy. Acquire confidence in your life. Have no regrets. Rik.
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 01:59 PM   #13
Chris

Join Date Nov 2011

She should have already been taken care of since she was a kidnapping victim.

I personally think she would become an american citizen only because she has no idea anything or anyone else. She has no parents or family to go home to.

You cannot start letting thousands of people in just because one girl was ubducted many years ago. That is not what the dream act was written for. It is an unfortunate circumstance for her. Maybe they should get someone that can help her be here legally?

Anyone can come here legally.

To me the dream act says if you can get here without getting caught and hide for 5 years then you have passed the tests it takes to stay here. I for one know they do not do nearly enough to deport people and if you get arrested being here illegally they give you a slap on the wrist and let you go when you should be deported.

Garage Retreat

Old 08-16-2012, 04:56 PM   #14
Kelowna
Retired- Now I Golf

Join Date May 2012

Rik, the girl I feel bad for, and yes the courts IMO should allow her to stay as part of the decision in the case that sends her crazy kidnapper to prison for 25 years. The psycho lady needs to be charged and jailed, and I rather boubt there is a statute on kidnapping.
Kelowna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:44 PM   #15
RikRotorhead
Internet Owner

Join Date Nov 2011

OK so take another scenario then:
Kid is ten years old. Parents smuggle him across the border illegally. The enroll him in school (which is wrong to begin with, shouldn't be allowed), he graduates high school, no criminal activity, goes to college, gets degree, now wants a job etc... but cannot get one because of legal status.
All the kid knows is the US. At ten he don't have much memory of where he came from. All he wants to do is become a productive citizen in the US.
Would he be an asset? Yes, Educated law abiding people are an asset. Should he be forced to go back to his birth country? Tough decision, he only knows this country and it's his parents fault he's here, not his.
If he serves in the military should he become a citizen? Of course.
Think of it this way.....
If all these people that qualify came here by the fault of their illegal alien parents, they have to document that information. Not there is a registry of illegal alien parents that a President with balls can go after and deport.
I do not like illegals coming here and that is an entirely different subject than this one. I understand their plight.
My life is just a bunch of "It seemed like a good idea at the time" strung together. But you can't expect to be old and wise if you were never young and crazy. Acquire confidence in your life. Have no regrets. Rik.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:51 PM   #16
Chris

Join Date Nov 2011

So we should deport the parents of said minor and let him stay?

Why not deport the whole family to where he can go and come back the legal way. I find it hard to make illegal things legal because of stupidity.

Garage Retreat
Old 08-16-2012, 09:22 PM   #17
RikRotorhead
Internet Owner

Join Date Nov 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
So we should deport the parents of said minor and let him stay?

Why not deport the whole family to where he can go and come back the legal way. I find it hard to make illegal things legal because of stupidity.
That would make too much sense. Don't forget we have a politically correct panzy ass nanny government now. So that will never happen.
The Dream Act is stupid in the fact that it is a stand alone bill. Comprehensive immigration reform is needed badly. But the POTUS is too lazy and too afraid of losing votes in his first term to do anything solid like that.
I like what Romney has in mind, but he won't do it either. They all fear political opinion and the activists.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:46 AM   #18
Chris

Join Date Nov 2011

There is an activist for everything you do now days. We just need to shoot all the activist and we will be all good.

Garage Retreat
Old 08-17-2012, 12:50 AM   #19
Chris

Join Date Nov 2011

Another one. What do we do with the children and young adults that come here illegally without their parents voluntarily? Do we let them stay because of the dream act? All they have to say is that they were brought here, there is no way of proving anything.

I knew a few people that came here in their teens without their parents and went to school and were good people. Should we let them stay because they fit the criteria?

Garage Retreat
Old 10-09-2013, 06:40 AM   #20
Riff_Raff

Join Date Oct 2013

Not to side with Rik, but I think anyone anywhere in the world should be able to live wherever they want without getting mobbed by politicians.

For instance, if i want to pack up and move to Mexico, why do i pay a 50% tax on my net worth to do it?

BS man.

2001 Sport bought new Feb 1, 2001
Riff_Raff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement