OBD1 code 34 - Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > Jeep Wrangler Forums > General Wrangler Discussion

WranglerBoard.com is the premier Jeep Wrangler Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2017, 06:30 PM   #1
Hamish69
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Join Date May 2017
Default OBD1 code 34

Need some help, please.

The check engine light came on two days ago. The voltage gauge indicated a low output, so I assumed the alternator was going bad. When I popped the hood, though, the alt seemed to be operating as normal. I knew the battery was getting on in years, and when I had the oil changed at a service center this past winter they said the battery would need to be replaced soon, so naturally I went out and spent the money for a new battery. However, thecheck engine light still was on, and voltage still registered a low output. When all guesses fail, I decided it was time to check the OBD code, which I guess I should have done in the first place.

I got one code, a 34. The problem is, I have no idea what it means:

An open or shorted condition detected in the Speed Control vacuum or vent solenoid circuits. Speed control switch input below the minimum acceptable voltage

I can change the oil, and I know lefty/righty, but other than that, I'm not much of home mechanic. So I have no idea where to start on this. Any help would be appreciated.

94 Jeep Wrangler YJ
4.0L 6 cylinder

Thanks in advance.
Hamish69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2017, 04:42 AM   #2
havasu
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Join Date Nov 2011

Is 34 the only number that popped up in the sequence? You should display 55 at the end, right? Many times folks read the sequence incorrectly, so I just wanted to rule this out.
havasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement