They got me! - Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Jeep Wrangler OEM Forum

WranglerBoard.com is the premier Jeep Wrangler Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2017, 07:51 PM   #1
Will_Robinson
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Join Date Feb 2017
Default They got me!

I have a 2015 Sahara Unlimited. Someone hooked my front drivers side bumper and tore the plastic right at the seam by the tow hook. Does anyone know if I can just replace the plastic cover or do I have to replace the entire bumper? I am going to attempt to do it myself as I don't want a Carfax accident when it's just a piece of plastic bumper.
Will_Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2017, 09:35 PM   #2
havasu

Join Date Nov 2011

You would need something more significant to have it reported to CarFax. It also depends on who does the work.
havasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 01:04 PM   #3
Will_Robinson

Join Date Feb 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
You would need something more significant to have it reported to CarFax. It also depends on who does the work.
The CarFax thing is not my main issue. I want to replace the bumper myself and I was wondering if anyone has done that before. If so, do I have to replace the entire bumper or could I buy the plastic bumper cover since that's where the damage is?
Will_Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-16-2017, 02:47 PM   #4
havasu

Join Date Nov 2011

Absolutely. Bumper covers can be ordered through the dealer, or do a Google search in your area to find some salvage yards, where you can get the part for as much as 60% off dealer prices.
havasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement